thermometer question

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 26th, 2007, 04:49 AM
Amy B.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I took my temp this morning, and then I went back to sleep. I knew that when I got up and turned my thermometer back on, it'd say what my temp was since that's what the package said it'd do (tell my last temp). Well, it said 97.21 then switched really quickly to 97.70 before it said LO. Why would it say 2 different temps? Which one should I go with?

If it matters, I'm on CD15 and have had EWCM for five days now. I thought I'd O yesterday, but who knows. I'll post a link to my chart too in case you want to see the pattern. (I know I need to get the TYOCF charting stuff, but I haven't been able to afford it just yet.)

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1e075a
I put today's in as the higher temp for now anyway.

Thanks so much!

Thank you, peimum, for my beautiful siggy!

December 26th, 2007, 05:25 AM
*1Boy1Girl*
I used to have that thermomenter, but I knew that it wouldn't be very accurage for that reason. So, I went to walmart and got another digital termomenter that beeped to let me know that it was done. It never wanders like that. The reason yours did is because if you even slighly move it thinks that your temperatrue had shifted and it tries to recalculate.

I would reccomend getting the one that I have (I think itw as about $6 or so).

Also, as I read in the book, you have up to an hour to take your temp on a digitial thermomenter from your normal wake-up time. SO, ie, if you normally get up at 6am, you have until 7am to take your temp. That is to help for those of us who like to sleep in occaisionally on the weekends

HTH
December 26th, 2007, 11:06 AM
Mine does beep when it's done. I just didn't get up/turn the light on to see what the temp said. I know that the directions said that I can read it later when I turn it back on; it will show the last temperature on there. I've done that before, and it told me one temperature. This time, however, it showed 2 different temps. Does that make sense (my explanation)? I think I have the same thermometer as your second one, Kelly. I think it's pretty accurate, and I take it as soon as I wake up (which is pretty much the same time everyday).

December 26th, 2007, 11:24 AM
*1Boy1Girl*
Oh, I see what you are saying. Sorry. LOL

My thermometer shows two readings too when I look at it later. The first number is the temp that it took that morning, then the second number (for me anyway) says 98.6 before saying lo. On my termometer it's just showing you what the normal value is (although 98.6 is not everyone's normal)

Your thermomenter is probably doing the same thing, but showing a different "normal" value.

So, to answer your ORIGINAL question , you should write down the first number :smile"
December 26th, 2007, 04:20 PM
Thanks! That makes sense! My normal temperature hovers around 97ish.

December 31st, 2007, 09:10 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Yeah, mine is that way too.

Thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search