Help us please..

Forum: Financial Planning and Budgeting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Financial Planning and Budgeting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 4th, 2009, 10:36 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
DH just lost his job, so these are just estimates about what he did make since we're quite sure that he has another job making about the same..

We've hit a really bad streak of bad luck lately.. we're also looking into selling our car for either just an older acr bought with cash, or a lot cheaper payments.

Income
Your income: $0
Dh/SO's income: $1360
Other income: $680

Living expenses
~Rent/Mort pymt: $525 (for the next 3 months, then it's down to $425)
~Electric: $80-$100
~Home gas: $0
~Water: $0
~Cable: $0
~Gardener: $0
~Internet: $40
~Home phone: $30
~Cell phone: $0
~Groceries: $350
~Other household items: $30
~Medical expenses (co-pays, prescriptions): $40
~Car gas/transportation expense: $250 (DH travels)
~Car maintenance: $25
~Car insurance: $110
~Other insurance: $0
~Child care: $0
~Diapers: $80
~Other baby expense ___________: $80
~Preschool/schooling: $0
~Pets: $15
~Eating out: $25
~Entertainment: $30
~Spending/pocket money: Can be $0.
~Misc spending: $50
~Other ____________:
~Other ____________:

Debts-Please list minimum payment, amt you usually pay, balance, interest rate. If you are past due or have special financing (0% interest), please indicate that as well.
~Car payment #1: pay-$290 (minimum), balance-$13,000, but I'm not sure of the interest rate.
~Car payment #2:
~Student loan:
~Credit card #1: minimum payment-$25, usually pay-$35, balance-$965, interest rate-11%.
~Credit card #2:
~Credit card #3:
~Credit card #4:
~Credit card #5:
~Credit card #6:
~Other debt #1: min payment-$20, usually pay-$40, balance-$1235, interest rate- 6%.
~Other debt #2: min payments- $20, usually pay- $20, balance-$360.
~Other debt #3 ____________:

Goals: (examples: new car, baby, to be a SAHM, vacation, retirement, etc)
I want to save for:

1. I want to stay as a SAHM if possible.
2. Be financially able to have baby #3 in 4-5 years.
May 4th, 2009, 11:40 AM
C&K'sMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Looks like you really need to trim a little "fat" and find another income.

Car insurance- find cheaper (110 sounds high for 1 car, I've never pid more than 95 for one car full coverage). Eating out, entertainment, and misc spending has to go...

Can you find a job working opposite dh's hours for a little while? or sell unnecessary household things ebay, graig's list or garage sale?

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."
May 4th, 2009, 08:03 PM
lizard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How much do diapers run there? $80/month seems very high!!

What are you spending the other $80 for baby on each month?

10/31/05 (EDD 5/15/06), 4/17/06 (EDD 11/13/06)
Chemical p/g 1/11/08

May 6th, 2009, 01:34 PM
That was the best rate we could find for our insurance since DH has only been driving about 2 years (he lived in the city before that).

I'm currently looking into opening a daycare in the business area of our apartment building (my mother is willing to lend me the money to do this), if I can't do this I'm going to see about just babysitting in our apartment. Since my DH travels so far for work he usually isn't home until 6:30 or 7pm so it's almost impossible for me to work at a job opposite his hours.

We use Parent's Choice brand diapers which are about $20 a box here and we go through almost 2 boxes for Rylan and one for Alyssa, so I guess it's about $60/month.. the other $80 is for Rylan's formula and the few conatiners of baby food we have on hand for Alyssa's fussy eating days..
May 6th, 2009, 06:17 PM
C&K'sMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The babysitting thing sounds like a good idea, just to get some moeny coming in, I'd do that before I did the daycare. No reason to make that kind of investment yet and with babysitting you can watch a couple kids at a time while rylan is so small still. DH has onlyhad his license for 1 year (he lived in the country and walked everywhere) and he gets a better rate than I do.

I love Parent's Choice diapers, but you may want to look on like amazon, when you buy them in bulk you can sometimes get an even better price on diaps.

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."
May 7th, 2009, 03:36 PM
thanks, I'll check all that out! I didn't know you could buy bulk diapers online

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search