Tax Refund

Forum: Financial Planning and Budgeting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Financial Planning and Budgeting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 14th, 2011, 01:34 PM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What are you planning on doing with your tax refund?

Will any of it get saved?

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

March 14th, 2011, 07:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We try not to get too much back (why give it to the gov't and then ask for it back?), but we got a little more back this year and it all went into savings.
March 15th, 2011, 11:55 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am just afraid of oweing and I don't want that.

I was going to save all of it but all of it now is going towards new windows in the house.

I will be saving about 30% on our electric/heating/cooling bill!!!

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

March 15th, 2011, 03:11 PM
luvmygirls333's Avatar Super Mommy
We are still paying off the CC, so put most of it towards that and then bought a couple of things we needed.
March 17th, 2011, 09:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We didn't get much back since I'm a sub contractor and have to pay my own taxes but we got a bit back and it all went into our savings account.
March 18th, 2011, 02:32 PM
annem84's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We bought a house so we are getting the tax credit for that (8K) and total we are getting almost 10K back.

$2500 to my parents for helping us in November-January with car bills and "stuff" (long story)

$500 to my sister for helping me personally with "stuff"

$2500 to the VISA credit card bill--will be then paid off

So $5500 "gone" -- we hope to save some but have a lot of house projects to get accomplished, etc.
March 18th, 2011, 06:34 PM
C&K'sMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We bought a car (which involved paying what we were upside down on the last one and paying cash for this one, but we really needed something with 4 doors and now we have it. Also since we got rid of the other one and paid cash for this one we now have one less payment each month). we paid all our credit card debt off (I have to make the last call this week to get it paid, but the money is there, so we are good on that).

none got saved, but we're now able to start trying to save.

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."
March 23rd, 2011, 11:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
We are not getting a refund this year, we have to pay. Bad planning on our parts and jobs that are not secure.

blog: justjoanna.com | twitter: way2gomom | facebook | pinterest: way2gomom

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search