Entertainment budget

Forum: Financial Planning and Budgeting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Financial Planning and Budgeting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 18th, 2011, 07:16 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
How do you decide on your entertainment budget?
Do you have one?

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

June 18th, 2011, 08:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Currently we do not have one, but right now we are trying to play catch up and get back on track with our finances. As soon as things settle down, I want to at least set aside a small amount for entertainment.
June 19th, 2011, 04:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
This is by far our worst area of spending. Hubby is good with taking $15/week for lunch, but then when we go out for a date night, we can easily spend $50-75 since we like to go out for steak. YUM! We also include our museum and zoo memberships and any expenses for day trips in this category of our budget and then overnight vacations are budgeted for in our vacation category. I love going and doing things with the kids, but it aways seems to add up!

In 2010 our entertainment and vacation categories came out to $450/month.
June 19th, 2011, 08:48 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Wow that is quite the budget Kris. I am still trying to figure this part of my budget out. Trying to decide how much we really need/use without using everything that is left and paying nothing off. We eat out way to much. So we are trying to adopt a better lifestyle. We will kick in the new budget changes in July so that we can get ourselves situated. Although some things have already gone into effect .

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

June 20th, 2011, 09:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I've been trying to get create with things to do that are either low cost or free. Like one thing that the kids love is picnics. On days that I'm out running errands and would need to stop somewhere to pay to eat, I like to pack a lunch for us and we go to one of the local parks and have a picnic. It's a lot cheaper than grabbing fast food or sitting down in a restaurant and the kids get more of a chance to get some of their energy out. And sometimes we won't even leave the house to do a picnic. I make them sandwiches and put a blanket in the yard under our willow tree and to them, that's just as fun as going into town somewhere for an activity. I also search the newspaper on Sundays when I'm already looking through the ads and coupons and see what free activities are going on in our town that week for something for the kids to do.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search