When you start or restart

Forum: Financial Planning and Budgeting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Financial Planning and Budgeting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 19th, 2011, 08:52 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
When you start a new budget or restart an old one do you have a set date that it goes into effect or do you apply the changes the next day?
Do you wait for a paycheck or a specific event?
How do you decide?

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

June 20th, 2011, 04:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My husband gets paid only once a month so it makes doing the budget really easy because we have all the money and all the bills at once rather than trying to figure out what bills have to ome from which checks, etc.

Then when I get paid that money goes into savings. I SAH and have been watching a little boy 2x a week and soon I will be watching him and his baby sister.
June 20th, 2011, 09:04 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I try to start fresh when we get paid.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

June 20th, 2011, 09:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We are getting ready to start a new budget and I'm waiting until his first paycheck of next month, which will be the first week of July. This week we're selling some items to helps us catch up on a couple past due bills so I want to start fresh next month with his first paycheck.

Also, next month will be the first time that he gets a bonus check from his job.
June 20th, 2011, 12:30 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
We try to start on a paycheck. I know which ones have more extra and try to start then just for ease of the budget. This time we are starting on the First of July for ease of our goals/budget. We have set 1 year goals so we wanted a nice round start date.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

June 22nd, 2011, 02:04 PM
PuppyLove22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I noramally would start the next pay day. But we are behind on some bills right now, so we need to catch up before implementing the budget. Luckily we made some major changes that frees up an extra 1200 a month so we should be able to catch up ok. I plan on starting the second week of July. but i have made changes to my spending, eating at home more etc.. and am keeping all receipts.
June 23rd, 2011, 12:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
When I have had to restart, it's because I wasn't following what we had decided on. If I didn't restart right away, then we'd keep slipping. What I do is plan out our budget and then plan paycheck-by-paycheck how we are going to get to that point. We start with what we are already spending and then have goal amounts to spend. My job is to get us from point A to point B and figure how it's going to work with the upcoming checks.

blog: justjoanna.com | twitter: way2gomom | facebook | pinterest: way2gomom
July 1st, 2011, 06:46 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
I have a monthly budget on excel that I reset each month. There is a column for each pay check. Under that I sort when the bills will be paid. When the bill is paid I highlight it in red. Certain "bills" like diapers, cigarettes and gas are done every other week. A few times a month I go in and adjust what we did and didn't pay.

July 5th, 2011, 07:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I do a new budget every month - all done via excel. I figured out at the beginning of the year which paychecks get applied to which months (I set my budget to live on 2 paychecks a month). The extra paychecks go into our rainy day savings to cover things unexpected expenses.

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

July 7th, 2011, 07:16 AM
wefrogy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
ok maybe I do have somewhat of a budget already because we both get paid every two weeks and certain bills are paid with each pay period each month and we do it on the same rotation each month

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search