Unemployed

Forum: Financial Planning and Budgeting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Financial Planning and Budgeting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 9th, 2011, 08:21 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
What are you doing to get by if you are unemployed?
Do you have a back up plan for if you become unemployed (or SO)?
What resources have you been able to use or can you use?

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

July 9th, 2011, 01:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
What are you doing to get by if you are unemployed? n/a
Do you have a back up plan for if you become unemployed (or SO)? me-enjoy the time off I only sorta work-I watch 2 kids part time; hubby-we'd need to cut back to bare basics to make our 4.75 months of expenses last even longer if need be
What resources have you been able to use or can you use? see above
July 9th, 2011, 03:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have my savings all set up if either of us end up unemployed. We are both super motivated people, so we wouldnt stay that way for very long if we can avoid it.

We would go into super super saver mode and spending would be strictly on an absolute needs only.

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

July 10th, 2011, 12:36 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
What are you doing to get by if you are unemployed?
food stamps, WIC, church has paid our electric bill, one of our church friends paid to have our car fixed, we have been given so much baby clothing and gear, our church will help with food and house hold stuff but we just got house hold stuff once including diapers.

My husband has been unemployed twice in the last two years. first time he had no unemployment benefits. So he did odd jobs, took a pt job at min wage, this is when we had most our help. But our car was repoed, and our credit pretty much charged off. We basically got down to what we need to survive.When my DH went back to work we got our trash and phone turned back on.

Do you have a back up plan for if you become unemployed (or SO)?
What resources have you been able to use or can you use?

July 10th, 2011, 09:24 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
We only had one time that DH went without work and that was more by choice although I will admit we didn't really have the money or budget for it at the time. We really didn't know what we were doing.
If he was out of work now it would be rough. We are working on savings and working on getting out of debt so if the worst should happen we won't be in a hard position. Being military I think I take for granted that I will always get paid.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search