Falling off the wagon

Forum: Financial Planning and Budgeting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Financial Planning and Budgeting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 14th, 2011, 10:32 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
What do you do when you fall off your budget?
Do you just get right back on next paycheck (or however your breakdown)?
Do you take a couple to recover?
What types of things have you fallen off the budget for?

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

July 14th, 2011, 12:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy

I'm not a strict with each of the categories as we once were (when we used cash). Most months our variable expenses come out to about the same. Throughout the month I look at the total of where we are at to keep us on track. Let's say we spent more on one area, then I know we should be careful about going out, buying something for the house, etc.

We typically put 20%+ of our money each month in savings, so there's some wiggle room if we want to splurge a bit.
July 15th, 2011, 07:53 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I usually try to get back on track the next paycheck. We get paid on average 4 times a month so if I make a mistake or splurge I just put us back on the next paycheck. Mid month paychecks can be harder at times because more bills get paid.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

July 16th, 2011, 09:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Never had a problem with this. We make up our budget and we stick with it.
July 17th, 2011, 03:14 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole

cry? Skimp to get things back together.

Do you just get right back on next paycheck ? Some times it takes awhile to catch everything up.

Do you take a couple to recover? Sometimes depends on how bad it was.

What types of things have you fallen off the budget for? The last thoughtless whoops was Walmart. i used to write the price of everything down in my notebook and made sure we could cover everything. A few weeks a go we went into Walmart and I had $20 for me, $100 for household and my husband did the old we need this and that and whatever. I didn't write it down or track it mentally either and we went to check out and i had no idea how much was in the cart and worse I didn't have the money to get out the door either. I had to break into my Dh emergency $100 bill in his wallet to get out. (Which i have yet to replace!)

The same day i bought my lap top, husband had me buy Maternity clothing which was too much too fast. I really had to hold my breath until we got paid again.

Right at fathers day i bought my husband some wood working tools. He is out of work and was encouraged TO.DO.ANYTHING to make a few bucks so he is making somethings for an etsy store. Any way we bought what he needed except on item was broken TWICE out of the box. So he upgraded it which was $100 more and bought another big item I hadn't planned on him buying.

Last edited by Happy Song; July 17th, 2011 at 03:21 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search