insurance deductibles

Forum: Financial Planning and Budgeting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Financial Planning and Budgeting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 14th, 2011, 10:34 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Do you keep your deductibles high or low on your insurance?
Why or why not?
When was the last time you had to claim on your insurance?
Do you shop around every year to get the best rates?

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

July 14th, 2011, 12:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Do you keep your deductibles high or low on your insurance? Our car insurance deductible is $500. Upping it to $1K would only save us about $1/month so we didn't feel it was worth it.

When was the last time you had to claim on your insurance? over 10 years ago

Do you shop around every year to get the best rates? not really, I have checked in the past and we are getting great rates for our area
July 14th, 2011, 02:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Do you keep your deductibles high or low on your insurance? We keep the cars at $250 and don't claim unless it's at least double the deductible. The house is $1000. Cost isn't much different if we changed.

When was the last time you had to claim on your insurance? House, last week (thank you summer storms) and it was our first ever. Cars - one last fall and the other has been 12 + years.

Do you shop around every year to get the best rates? No.
July 14th, 2011, 02:59 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Ours is at $500.
Sadly DH got hit 2weeks ago so we have a claim pending .
I did just check around USAA has great rates. We do our house through metlife.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

July 16th, 2011, 03:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Do you keep your deductibles high or low on your insurance? Avg I guess. I dont know if I can raise my car one. I am not even sure what mine is. I had them quote me an insurance package (that covers all the things I wanted) and it was an affordable monthly cost so I am happy. I really like my insurance company.
Why or why not? I never really notice since I hardly ever make a claim.
When was the last time you had to claim on your insurance? Not for years... I had a car accident about 3 years ago but since I was REALLY not at fault, everything went through another insurance company and mine was never involved.
Do you shop around every year to get the best rates? No. My mom told me that getting insurance through USAA was the best gift my dad could give us. I never bothered to look at other rates. USAA's customer service is so wonderful that I decided it worth every penny (especially with all the stress I went through dealing with my father's estate).

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

July 16th, 2011, 09:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Do you keep your deductibles high or low on your insurance? Medium. Our car insurance is at $500 and our homeowner's is at $1,000.

Why or why not? It's what makes the most financial sense with our plans.

When was the last time you had to claim on your insurance? Never had a homeowners claim, and haven't ever had a claim on my car insurance (had a claim with someone else's though since it was their fault).

Do you shop around every year to get the best rates? No. We stick with USAA as they're a good company and are reasonably priced. Since I work in the insurance industry I've found you tend to get what you pay for so to speak so I like to stick with companies that are helpful to deal with and pay their claims.
July 17th, 2011, 03:35 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
The only INS we carry is auto, and it is like $300 a year the car is older and it is just liablity.

Wayne totaled my car in Novemebr and it was completely not his fault and we bought the car for $1800 5 years ago and got $1800 from the ins claim.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search