*August Roll Call*

Forum: Financial Planning and Budgeting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Financial Planning and Budgeting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 1st, 2011, 07:46 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Who is here?
How is your budget going?

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

August 1st, 2011, 07:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm here!

It's going same as it always does. I budget each month and we've been able to put away anywhere from $300 a month to $800 a month into savings.
August 2nd, 2011, 05:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Daniell and not good this month since we had a bunch of unexpected expenses

August 2nd, 2011, 12:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm here

July was an expensive month for us. 5 day vacation + overspending in a few categories. Ooops! It put us a little over where I want to be for 2011, but hopefully it will balance back out as summer comes to an end. Still managed to put 17% of our take home pay into savings though.
August 2nd, 2011, 02:04 PM
luvmygirls333's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm here!

It's going ok. I'm managing to keep it within the budget, even though DH makes less in the summer and I don't have a weekly babysitting job anymore (but I do back-up sitting for 3 families, so at least I'm bringing in a little cash). We aren't paying the CC down as much as we'd like, but we're getting there!
August 2nd, 2011, 08:34 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I am here .
We just put our budget back into place last month and I have to be honest it didn't go well at all . With the car accident eating half the savings and then a home improvement project that had to be done due to a new baby coming and me freaking out we are back at square one. But I have a plan for August to get us back on track.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

August 5th, 2011, 11:52 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
I am here.

The budget it TIGHT. But everything I planned to pay was paid. I have a little money to buy my son some school stuff. I am worried it has been 110 or higher for three weeks... I am terrified over my electric bill. I can only pay 2/3 of my cash toward it and I know unless the heat eases up (and it is NOT forcasted to) I cannot catch up next month., because it should be just as bad!

To set up a payment plan I would have to drive to the electric office and I cannot do that on bedrest, with the temp being 110+ in a car with no A/C 45 min each way.

But that is not today's promblem

August 6th, 2011, 05:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm here.

DH's furlough days are really taking more out of our pocket than I had hoped. It didn't help that 4 of his last 5 checks each had a furlough day.

We're doing ok, but summer has higher costs for us with the kids and I being home all the time. I hope once we all go back to school, things will get back to normal. However, with the new baby, one never knows.
August 6th, 2011, 07:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am here.

July went ok. There is no savings beyond my 401K contributions due to hospital bills that are starting to pop up. Next 2 months will be tough months for us financially due to me being out of work.

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

August 9th, 2011, 09:54 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
I'm here, though I'm checking in late. We're having some difficulty deciding on a weekly amount to put in our "cash" categories (for the envelope system) but other than that... we're doing good.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search