Birthday parties

Forum: Financial Planning and Budgeting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Financial Planning and Budgeting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 4th, 2011, 10:02 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Do you do birthday parties for your kids?
Do you go to birthday parties for your kids friends?
Is it already in the budget do you plan all year?

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

August 4th, 2011, 04:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Do you do birthday parties for your kids? We do a first birthday party with family and friends. For years after that we just have our parents and siblings over. Our oldest just turned 6, but thankfully didn't ask about having a party with his friends.

Do you go to birthday parties for your kids friends? Some of our friends have parties for each of their kids. Others of them only have them for the 1st bday. We typically go unless we have something else that we have to be at.

Is it already in the budget do you plan all year? All gifts are budgeted for. We spend <$20 per kid, but even that adds up over time. But I figure we get a meal out of the deal that I don't have to prepare, so it works out.
August 4th, 2011, 07:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Do you do birthday parties for your kids? Absolutely! Well this year we gave him the choice of a b-day party or going to Disneyland (he's never been) as he's old enough to remember it now (he'll be turning 10), but still young enough to have fun. He chose Disney. FAR more than we typically spend on a party, but hubby has vacation the month of kiddo's b-day and so we're looking forward to it. But when we do parties we keep it simple, at the local park, a few pizzas, juice, a cake, and it is always a no gift party.

Do you go to birthday parties for your kids friends? If we're around and don't already have something else planned, yes we do.

Is it already in the budget do you plan all year? No. I don't ever spend more than $75-$80 on my son's b-day parties (typically he invties 30-40 people and get get 15-20 that show) so I just budget for it for his birthday month.

If it's for other kids I just throw the price of the gift into my grocery budget as I only spend $10 on a gift for a buddy.
August 5th, 2011, 11:59 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
Do you do birthday parties for your kids? No. We budget $50. The child can have $50 in gifts. Gifts and a family activity or $50 towards soemthing. This a direct result from my teenager always whining the teen gets on gift and the baby gets 10.

Do you go to birthday parties for your kids friends? Never. Maybe my friend's kids but never their friends.

Is it already in the budget do you plan all year? Typically we used to do one a month Jan -June then we added Sept and Oct and I am hoping to add a nov. But yes the $50 is budgeted each month.

August 6th, 2011, 07:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
She wont get a birthday party until she is old enough to understand what it is (and has friends to invite). For now, I will just invite my family over and make her a cake.

I budget for all the niece/nephew birthdays and if the local ones have a party I go. In the past, since I didnt have kids, I would just spend whatever on the kids. Now there will be a budget to getting them a gift.

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

August 12th, 2011, 06:10 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Do you do birthday parties for your kids? He had a small party at home for his 1st birthday. We haven't decided what we will do for his 2nd birthday yet
Do you go to birthday parties for your kids friends? Yes, even before I had my son since I was the last friend to have a baby
Is it already in the budget do you plan all year? Depending on the person I usually spend $20-$50

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search