Family portraits

Forum: Financial Planning and Budgeting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Financial Planning and Budgeting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 12th, 2011, 07:30 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
When was the last time your family did professional pictures?
Did you go with a set budget?
Did you stay in that budget?
Did you use coupons or discounts to stretch your dollar?
Was it a special occasion or do you do them at set intervals?
How long did you save for it?
Did you already have it built into the budget?

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

August 12th, 2011, 10:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
When was the last time your family did professional pictures? Never.

Did you go with a set budget? I'd go with cheap, I'm not a big picture person.

Did you stay in that budget? I would.

Did you use coupons or discounts to stretch your dollar? Walmart usually has $5 pictures that come with a small package, I'd be happy with that.

Was it a special occasion or do you do them at set intervals? N/A

How long did you save for it? N/A

Did you already have it built into the budget? N/A
August 12th, 2011, 10:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
When was the last time your family did professional pictures? Last August
Did you go with a set budget? Yes, just wanted to buy enough in order to get the CD with all the pictures
Did you stay in that budget? Yes
Did you use coupons or discounts to stretch your dollar? Yes, my son's pictures were either free or discounted with coupons
Was it a special occasion or do you do them at set intervals? He got a bunch of pictures done his 1st year of life to capture each occasion. Now we will only do Xmas and Bday Pics
How long did you save for it? Didn't have to save for them because they were either free or under $30
Did you already have it built into the budget? No, I just budget for it during the month that I want to get it done

August 12th, 2011, 11:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
When was the last time your family did professional pictures? Before Christmas; we do a family picture for our Christmas card (If by professional, you mean JCPenney)

Did you go with a set budget? Sorta, I know which picture sizes I need to get

Did you stay in that budget? Usually. If I can't decide between a couple of pictures, I sometimes get an extra sheet of wallets so I can get the extra pose.

Did you use coupons or discounts to stretch your dollar? $3.99 sheets I always want a larger one for the wall. 10x13 pics are included at the $3.99 price, but an 11x14 is $14.99 or something like that. So I had a custom matting made to fit an 16x20 frame/10x13 opening so I can get the cheaper pictures. It cost <$20 to have it made and I've have several pics in there, so it was well worth it.

Was it a special occasion or do you do them at set intervals? We've done pics at 3, 6, 9, 12, and 18 months, then every year after that. We also go for family pic at Christmas time. I've had pics of the kids taken together when we've gone for my boys' summer bdays.

How long did you save for it? We don't. Last year we spent just under $175, this year will be a little more because of the pics of my daughter.

Did you already have it built into the budget? Yep, part of the budget.
August 15th, 2011, 08:00 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
I use my Digi camera, set my own home shoot and buy pictures at Sam's club. So I get what I need including wall shots for less than $10

Here is a bunch of shots from one of Beau's first Photoshoots.

Here is one from Christmas

Currently on my wall in 8x10:

August 17th, 2011, 09:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
When was the last time your family did professional pictures? I had them done for the baby last weekend.
Did you go with a set budget? I only pay for prints (at cost).
Did you stay in that budget? I always stay within my budget. I will decide how much I want to spend on prints and just order that much.
Did you use coupons or discounts to stretch your dollar? I save money because my sister does all our shots for free. She is a professional photographer and is using Susie to build her portfolio (plus she loves taking photos of her only niece).
Was it a special occasion or do you do them at set intervals? I will have her shots taken every time we go visit.
How long did you save for it? N/A
Did you already have it built into the budget? sort of... its part of our extra spending

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search