Treats

Forum: Financial Planning and Budgeting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Financial Planning and Budgeting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 16th, 2011, 09:29 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
What kinds of things do you consider treats for your family?
Do you make sure to include that in your budget?

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

August 16th, 2011, 11:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Going out to eat, vacations, weekend outtings. We have a "misc" category in our budget every month that we budget $200 for to go towards stuff like that. If we use it, it's budgeted, if we don't then the extra goes into savings...so yes it's budgeted for. We do not spend a penny (literally) that doesn't have a spot in the budget somewhere.
August 17th, 2011, 05:23 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Ditto to the going out to eat, vacations, day trips, etc. We also have a zoo membership and we are thinking about getting a children's museum one since we let our science museum one expire.

It's in the budget.
August 17th, 2011, 06:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We budget for it. We have a zoo membership we budget for and try to take the kids somewhere about once a month. Eating out would also fall into this category as well, which include ice cream or doughnuts too.
August 17th, 2011, 10:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Its part of our extra money. Anything that isnt set aside for bills/necesities/savings can be used for "treats".

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

August 19th, 2011, 01:35 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Annie B that sounds very nice.

I think this is one catagory I am not doing well in . I tried to do a fun money budget that was for DH and I for our hobbies but always forget about the extracurricular stuff. I need to add it in and take away from something else.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

August 19th, 2011, 03:25 AM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
Our treats are mainly food treats because we have a lot more food money than cash money.

We have $100 that is budgeted for household stuff. This is health and beauty needs, cleaners, diapers, and gas for the car. If we did a treat it would come from there.

We had $37 left last month so my treat was my teenager getting two new pair of shorts and two shirts and a package of socks.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search