Professional help?

Forum: Financial Planning and Budgeting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Financial Planning and Budgeting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 30th, 2011, 03:09 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I don't mean the looney bin kind LOL.
Have you gotten professional help with your budget?
Did you just phone book it or did you go with a referral?
How did it work out?
Was it worth the money?

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

August 30th, 2011, 05:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Have you gotten professional help with your budget? If you count reading up on what financial experts have to say, then yes.

Did you just phone book it or did you go with a referral? n/a

How did it work out? GREAT! Only debt we have is the house and our student loans (which are half the interest of our house) and we are saving about 25-35% of take home pay now to build our large efund

Was it worth the money? I "bought" the Total MOney Makeover with a gift card and have read online and checked books out from the library, so no real money spent.

In general, I advise against paying someone to "help" you. You have the most vested interest in improving your financial situation. You can dig yourself out of a hole if you are dedicated to doing it.
August 30th, 2011, 07:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Have you gotten professional help with your budget? No, not something we needed help with.
August 31st, 2011, 08:08 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I don't mean the looney bin kind LOL.
Have you gotten professional help with your budget? We have talked to people (professionals) but not hired anyone.
Did you just phone book it or did you go with a referral? We have done both.
How did it work out? I never found it they told me anything I didn't already know.
Was it worth the money? I personally didn't think it would be worth the money so we didn't hire anyone. However if you are really stuck it might be worth looking into.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

September 3rd, 2011, 01:45 PM
Pupcake74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No we have not gotten any help on a budget. I just see it as simple math. Start with neccesities and go from there.

September 12th, 2011, 11:07 AM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
As a debt collector with DiscoverCard, we dealt with Consumer Credit Counciling Services and those types of debt consolidation companies. My personal oppinion is they do more harm than good. I saw far too many that I thought were scams. But as a debt collector I didn't see the ones that worked right.

I think certain situations people need to look into Bankruptcy which I consider professional help.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search