Spender or a saver

Forum: Financial Planning and Budgeting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Financial Planning and Budgeting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 5th, 2011, 09:52 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Would you consider yourself a spender or a saver?
Why?

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

September 5th, 2011, 12:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Would you consider yourself a spender or a saver? Definitely a saver.

Why? Because I rarely spend money on things that aren't necessary and try to put as much into savings as I possibly can.
September 6th, 2011, 10:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Would you consider yourself a spender or a saver? Both
Why? I love having a savings and watching it grow but I also love to shop. I do only buy when we need something or when its on sale.

September 6th, 2011, 03:30 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I tend to be more of a spender . Makes it hard to save. I love having a savings built up because then I don't have the buyers remorse from knowing I should be saving if that makes sense. But I will admit that I tend to impulse buy and spend more than save. I am a work in progress .
I am doing better.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

September 6th, 2011, 07:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
It depends on the day.

Most of the time I am a saver though. The things I buy are mostly needs and not wants.
September 12th, 2011, 11:15 AM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
My DH says I am both.

I am going to say spender, I honestly don't believe in saving for retirment, 401Ks, and things of that nature. I do believe in the $1000 emergency money and the saving for known upcoming expenses like Car tags, taxes and Insurences.

I think that prices on things are going to skyrocket and therefore my money will buy more now than it will in a year so having things bought now for later is more my goal than saving cash I'd rather save commodities.

September 12th, 2011, 11:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Song View Post
My DH says I am both.

I am going to say spender, I honestly don't believe in saving for retirment, 401Ks, and things of that nature. I do believe in the $1000 emergency money and the saving for known upcoming expenses like Car tags, taxes and Insurences.

I think that prices on things are going to skyrocket and therefore my money will buy more now than it will in a year so having things bought now for later is more my goal than saving cash I'd rather save commodities.
So what happens to you when you're 70 years old and no longer able to work? If you don't put money away for retirement, where does that leave you when you are at retirement age?
September 12th, 2011, 11:50 AM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
Well the 401K we belonged to dropped so much money and I don't see things improving even in the next 30 years. As a debt collector I have heard to many stories where the money wasn't there when they went to retire because of stock market fluctuations.

When I am 70 years old, I will be living on 20 acres that are paid for, we will be off the grid, we will be able to grow a good portion of our food, we will have our own water as well. Our biggest expenses will be governemnt taxes. If I buy a piece of copper today and resale it in 30 years it will have appriciated, plus I can hold that asset in my hands.

The heart of our difference in outlook is that I do not believe that in 30 years America will look anything like it does today. We are all preparing for our future, many with savings, and 401K. We are just chosing to save commodities instead.

Last edited by Happy Song; September 12th, 2011 at 11:53 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search