Monday Money Matters

Forum: Financial Planning and Budgeting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Financial Planning and Budgeting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 19th, 2011, 09:17 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
How often do you check your bank account?
How often do you balance your check book?

Has this ever helped or hurt your spending?

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

September 19th, 2011, 10:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
How often do you check your bank account? Probably a few times a month

How often do you balance your check book? I try to do it every month, but have been known to let it slide for up to 6 months or so. Whoops!

Has this ever helped or hurt your spending? Neither
September 19th, 2011, 01:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
How often do you check your bank account? Daily, every other day at the very least. Just in case there were charges that shouldn't be there we will catch any stolen debit card info early.

How often do you balance your check book? I don't write checks, so I don't balance a check book. I do my banking all online.

Has this ever helped or hurt your spending? IMO it helps to keep track of your bank account so you can check any fraud activity. Luckily I've never had an issue with my bank account, but once upon a time when we had credit cards I did find $4,000 in charges that were not mine because I checked my credit card info online every couple of days. Because I caught it early it wasn't a huge issue.
September 20th, 2011, 04:48 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
How often do you check your bank account? Right before I use it so twice a month at most.

How often do you balance your check book? I do not write checks so never.

Has this ever helped or hurt your spending? We spend cash so if I am using my bank account then I have put the money in for whatever I am using it for.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search