Got my car sold

Forum: Financial Planning and Budgeting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Financial Planning and Budgeting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 27th, 2011, 08:59 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Awesome! Got my car sold for what I wanted and will go and buy my "new" (used but new to me) one tomorrow. So excited!

And now so glad that I didn't trade it in at the dealership as I got $2,000 more by selling it private party woohoo!
September 27th, 2011, 10:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Awesome!

We sold our Blazer about 4.5 years ago and got about double that we would have gotten as a trade in.
September 27th, 2011, 10:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
That's awesome! WISH I could have gotten double, but since it had been in an accident (repaired, and it was 4 years ago, but it's still on the record), I discounted it by $900 under blue book, but it was still $2,000 more than the dealership wanated to give me at trade in value. So going to go get an Endeavor tomorrow...and nope, no loans we're paying straight cash, so staying true to our financial promises/goals.
September 28th, 2011, 07:04 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Well, double was only $3K as opposed to $1500 from the dealership. It was 12 years old and 180K miles on it. I think we were right at KBB value for private party sale.
September 28th, 2011, 08:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oooh okay! Yeah mine had been in an accident 4 years ago. Had been repaired without issue and it was 4 years ago, but it's still on the Carfax, so because of that and because I wanted to get it sold I did sell it for about $900 under blue book. But I still got what I wanted for it so I was happy with that.
September 29th, 2011, 07:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
That's great! Hows the new car?

September 29th, 2011, 08:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Well I just got it last night. So far so good, but have only driven it 20 miles or so haha. Still has the bumper to bumper on it for another 5,000 miles, so that's good too.
October 4th, 2011, 08:35 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Sounds like you got a good deal all around. Glad you sold your old car for more than you would have gotten and got a great deal on a new car. Always good when it comes together.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

October 4th, 2011, 09:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Well I ended up spending between $500 and $1,000 more than I wanted to on the used one, but it was going for $2,000 less than the same vehicle with more miles was going for at another dealership. So where I paid more than I had wanted, I don't think I got ripped off. And even if I sold the vehicle private party right now I wouldn't be out anything so it wasn't too bad of a deal. Would still rather have that extra $500 in my savings account though LoL.

My only complaint on it is the gas, takes premium only and doesn't get great gas mileage being a 3.8 liter engine. But I don't drive a whole lot since I work from home, and otherwise I love it and I knew about the gas mileage and premium requirement going into the deal so can't complain.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search