Sticking to your budget?

Forum: Financial Planning and Budgeting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Financial Planning and Budgeting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 14th, 2012, 09:08 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
How is everyone doing at sticking to their budget?
Paying off credit cards?

Did you set new years resolutions that pertained to your finances?
How are those going?

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

March 22nd, 2012, 05:57 PM
sugarloafbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have a goal of paying off the rest of our student loans by June this year. It is a loafty goal, I am not going to lie! It has been so hard to stick to the budget knowing all these other things we could be spending the money on. It seems once we allow ourselves to mentally spend the money it just keeps adding up higher and higher. I am trying really hard to be content right now and figure out ways to save even more. We have to weigh our priorities as to what items we will tackle once we have more free income after the loans are paid off. For example, a minor kitchen renovation, newer car, shed, bathroom work, landscaping and vacation are all contenders right now! We certainly cannot do it all though!

The hardest thing for me right now is patience! lol, I just want it to be June and debt free already!

Thank you .:Shortcake:. for my siggy!

March 25th, 2012, 12:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
How is everyone doing at sticking to their budget? Great. We always do, typically do not have a problem sticking to it.

Paying off credit cards? Nope, haven't had any credit card debt in about 7 years now.

Did you set new years resolutions that pertained to your finances? We do not set new year's resolutions at all.

How are those going? N/A
April 1st, 2012, 03:20 PM
TTC #1
We just cut back to a single income. Its not a huge change as for the past three years I was making substantially less money than I do now, we were paying off all of our CC debt, car debt, two surgeries that DH's insurance refused to pay for, and his school loan. All we have left is my school loan (just finished this week). Our new goal is having cash to buy new cars when we need them and a big down payment for a house.
April 1st, 2012, 03:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaleigh View Post
We just cut back to a single income. Its not a huge change as for the past three years I was making substantially less money than I do now, we were paying off all of our CC debt, car debt, two surgeries that DH's insurance refused to pay for, and his school loan. All we have left is my school loan (just finished this week). Our new goal is having cash to buy new cars when we need them and a big down payment for a house.
My biggest tip to you on cars is absolutely pay cash for them and NEVER EVER buy cars brand new. Nicer cars are definitely affordable if you purchase them used. My husband and I both have BMW's that are in GREAT condition inside and out and were a small fraction used that they were new and both are less than 6 years old. Saved a good $24K on his buying it used and saved over $25K on mine buying it used. New is definitely not worth the larger price tag.

Good luck and kudos keep up the awesome work!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search