Needing advice on a money situation

Forum: Financial Planning and Budgeting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Financial Planning and Budgeting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 20th, 2014, 01:08 PM
rockermom1313's Avatar Regular
Well, we are planning to have an Essure Reversal surgery ASAP. Problem is that my credit was wrecked by my ex-husband. Now I'm wanting to refinance. We went to the bank in Jan and found out just how bad my credit is. YIKES! But good news is that so far I have gotten it up from a 500 to a 568.

I need advice and tips on how to keep that scored climbing fast. I need between a 620 and a 640 according to our loan officer.

PLEASE HELP!!

Thanks.
February 21st, 2014, 03:00 PM
Let me state that we are not getting a loan for the surgery because we are bad off. We are getting the loan for house repairs as well. Not to mention that it is difficult to come up with $7,500+ out of pocket on the fly.
February 21st, 2014, 06:48 PM
Rainbow Momma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I will say that its very hard to get your credit score to budge. The best thing to do is to of course pay all of your bills on time. Get a credit card if you can get approved, alot of gas stations have their own cc that's easy to get approved for. if that doesnt work try to get a secured credit card. Once you get either card only use it up to about 50% of the limit. When it comes to paying it off you want to pay most of it off but not all of it because you wanna prove that you can keep and maintain a revolving balance. I typically pay the whole balance every month but leave $10.

Thats all i can think of right now
Mom to Ryden, Angel in Heavan 5/21/10

February 22nd, 2014, 07:36 AM
Actually I haven't thought of doing any of those things. So that was very helpful.
February 23rd, 2014, 12:41 PM
I checked my score again and apparently, since the other company just reported in recently, my score is up to 616. Is that going to be good enough to get a bank to talk with me?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search