Have you gone over on your Christmas budget yet?

Forum: Financial Planning and Budgeting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Financial Planning and Budgeting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 24th, 2006, 07:40 AM
~Jess~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I haven't yet. lol. This is our first Christmas where we're really buckling down and not buying everything in sight I set a budget, but it seems $125 per kid just doesn't go as far as it used to, so I've been selling stuff on ebay to make some extra Christmas cash.

November 24th, 2006, 11:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We just decided this morning that we're going to sale stuff on ebay. I've never done that before, but my son is 5 years old and I literally have every piece of clothing he's ever had through his whole life. I might need some pointers as to how to do this. Do I sale each piece individually or do I bunch each age group together and sale it that way? The money I could get for all of his clothes could pay for our entire Christmas!!

[url="http://snugglepie.com"]
November 24th, 2006, 12:32 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Check on the board that does swapping (can't remember the name of it, but it's in the same section as financial planning and frugal living). There are a lot of ebay addicts over there who can help.

I haven't gone over my budget YET. I budgeted $400 for 20-something people (including children), so it's very tight. I've gone over my per-person budget, though. For example, I wanted to get my BIL (preacher) a shirt and tie for around $25. I didn't think about his size when I did the budget though. He wears a 5x shirt from big-n-tall stores and has to have an extended length tie. A shirt and tie is running close to $75 now. I may have to rethink my idea for him. I still have no money for dh.
November 24th, 2006, 09:09 PM
nmiracles's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nmiracles
yes and no...
I spent more today than I needed to, but I also picked up 2 Elmo TMX's that I think I can sell on eBay. I am hoping that will compensate for my Black Friday illness. LOL
November 24th, 2006, 10:22 PM
~Jess~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
yes and no...
I spent more today than I needed to, but I also picked up 2 Elmo TMX's that I think I can sell on eBay. I am hoping that will compensate for my Black Friday illness. LOL[/b]

OMG, I'm so jealous! They are going for around $85 on ebay right now. I wish I could get my hands on a couple of 'em.

November 25th, 2006, 12:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We went shopping today and I underspent on most people. We spent more than we should have on Issac. DH was able to get a Wii, that was $250. He also bought a couple of games at $50 each. We will still have to get him something from Santa.

DH decided to buy himself something for Christmas this morning. So, yes we have gone over our budget.

November 28th, 2006, 11:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am over. I budget very little in Dec for Xmas cause I buy most of my stuff during the year as I see it on sale. I forget that Dh does not do this and wants to buy my Xmas gifts and wants money for them, ooops!
The only gifts I have to buy are for the inlaws and they are not cheap people, they only like the finer things. So for 5 inlaws I will end up spending more than I spent on my entire 20 member family. I think that I am going to make my mil and 2 sil quilts, so as long as I stay under budget on the fabric, I might break even!
November 28th, 2006, 01:20 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Quote:
... inlaws and they are not cheap people, they only like the finer things. So for 5 inlaws I will end up spending more than I spent on my entire 20 member family....[/b]
I can DEFINITELY relate! I told dh this year that HE'S buying for his family and I'M buying for mine!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search