unexpected expenses

Forum: Financial Planning and Budgeting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Financial Planning and Budgeting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 12th, 2007, 06:11 PM
~Jess~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So where is your misc money going this month ladies. Let's hear about those pesky unexpected expenses.

Mine:

~$28.00~Had to get Ethan's birth certificate in order to open a bank acct for him & figured I should get Zack's too, since he's 3.5 years old and I've never gotten it

~$15-$20~Shower curtain rod broke. I haven't gotten around to getting a new one yet, so this is just an estimate.

~$20~Quarterly recycling fee due.

~$40~Dh decided to do a colon cleaning program and we had to buy special herbs & supplements for it.

$108 already and the month isn't even half over yet!!! Luckily, we've budgeted for these nasty surprises

January 12th, 2007, 06:19 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Uh... um... hmmm.......

I plead the 5th! I don't have a misc budget yet. ... well, I "do" but it doesn't take effect until March. You know me, I'm SUUUUUUUUCH a planner!! My spreadsheet lists everything. Ok, ok... if you really think about it, my walmart budget is my misc account. The way I see it, if you can't buy it at walmart, you probably don't need it. That's not always the case, but I'm very consistent in keeping up with my expenses there.

One of my "planned" misc expenses was the $700 vet bill that ended up being $950. That also came out of my walmart budget. I just cut back on things we didn't really "need" like clothes for Ben (since I just got a buuuuuuuunch of hand-me-downs from my sister at xmas. )
January 12th, 2007, 06:31 PM
Quote:
The way I see it, if you can't buy it at walmart, you probably don't need it. T[/b]
I would've been sol on those birth certificates,

January 12th, 2007, 06:41 PM
Quote:
Quote:
The way I see it, if you can't buy it at walmart, you probably don't need it. T[/b]
I would've been sol on those birth certificates,
[/b]
ROFL!!!
January 12th, 2007, 07:02 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hmmmm...

A plane ticket to fly to TX for Evelyn's birthday. Thankfully she was young enough to sit on my lap $200

My son has birthday party to go to so that will be $10 or so for a gift.

Haircuts for the boys $35

I have a $200 misc fun, I'm in trouble

Okay, I'm not really in trouble because I over budget for everything else and under budget our income just in case
January 12th, 2007, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Okay, I'm not really in trouble because I over budget for everything else and under budget our income just in case [/b]
A girl after my own heart

January 13th, 2007, 06:48 AM
hmcart's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to hmcart
hmmmm, Well I guess it wasnt unexpected but DH and I took ds to lunch yesterday at this fab bbq place here. We try to go out a couple of times a month because it is our weakness. It is so good it was on Emeril once. that was almost 30 dollars
January 13th, 2007, 08:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
All of our extra money is going to eating out because I feel like crap right now and everything makes me gag. The less time I spend thinking about, looking at, smelling and touching food before I have to eat it, the better it is for me.

January 13th, 2007, 04:47 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Grrrrrrr....

Add $80 to that total for shoes and boots for the boys. They both hit growth spurts this year and are up a size and a half since September when I last bought them shoes, I couldn't believe it!
January 13th, 2007, 06:23 PM
nmiracles's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nmiracles
DH hurt is foot at practice, so that was $25 to our PCP, $60 for x-ray, $25 to the podiatrist, and another $25 Tuesday for a follow-up.
January 14th, 2007, 08:44 AM
hmcart's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to hmcart
well Brian is sick again and we will probably have to go to the doctor tomorrow. If it is his tonsils again I swear I am going to have them taken out! He has had 2 infections in the last month and a half not counting this
January 14th, 2007, 01:14 PM
nmiracles's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nmiracles
Quote:
well Brian is sick again and we will probably have to go to the doctor tomorrow. If it is his tonsils again I swear I am going to have them taken out! He has had 2 infections in the last month and a half not counting this[/b]
poor baby and mommy!
January 17th, 2007, 10:34 PM
More.....

~$15 in late fees at the library. They were from baby name books. Needless to say, I haven't been to the library in a loooong time.

~$15 over medical budget for a trip to urgent care. Ethan bonked his head a couple days ago and ended up vomiting. He was fine, but it was worth a trip to the dr. just to be sure.

2 weeks left....

January 18th, 2007, 07:03 AM
Quote:
~$15 in late fees at the library. They were from baby name books. Needless to say, I haven't been to the library in a loooong time.[/b]
January 18th, 2007, 08:11 AM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Went to register for my epidural and they made me pay in full that day, even though my insurance will cover at least 80% of it! $198

Next month I have to pay $800 to the OB (my estimated deductible/out of pocket for the delivery). No idea where that money's going to come from. Probably have to charge it, which I REALLY don't want to do. We were OK until we had to replace my broken Jeep 6 months ahead of schedule. Sigh...
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
January 18th, 2007, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Went to register for my epidural and they made me pay in full that day, even though my insurance will cover at least 80% of it! $198[/b]
OUCH!
Quote:
Next month I have to pay $800 to the OB (my estimated deductible/out of pocket for the delivery). No idea where that money's going to come from. Probably have to charge it, which I REALLY don't want to do. We were OK until we had to replace my broken Jeep 6 months ahead of schedule. Sigh...[/b]
Will you be getting a tax return? Maybe you could use that?

January 18th, 2007, 12:38 PM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Will you be getting a tax return? Maybe you could use that?[/b]
Yep, but it won't be back in time to make that payment. DH's company doesn't send out the W-2's until the very last minute and then they're usually wrong and have to be replaced (generally affects at least half the company). Sooooo...probably charge for now and hope the tax return comes in in time to pay off the charge.
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
January 19th, 2007, 01:11 PM
whitlovesoak's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to whitlovesoak
&45 for prenatal classes (completely forgot about it till today and they start monday)

Dh went to hunting expo $20

the rest is like eating out and stuff cuz i have been sooo lazy lately it isn't even funny! bad me!

</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search