Might be MIA (weather)

Forum: Financial Planning and Budgeting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Financial Planning and Budgeting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 14th, 2007, 11:14 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Those of you who live in Texas will understand! We're not accustomed to winter weather around here, so if I disappear for a while, you know I've lost power and they can't drive on ice to get it turned back on.
January 14th, 2007, 11:25 PM
~Jess~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh my! I hope you're stocked up on batteries & candles! When I was a kid I used to love power outages. Not so much anymore! GL!

January 14th, 2007, 11:36 PM
Uh... no. It's times like this when I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally miss my parents' fireplace. If we lose power, we have no heat at all.
January 15th, 2007, 05:42 AM
nmiracles's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nmiracles
we have a fireplace, but it is electric. lol it is getting crazy down here though. I have a dr. appt, but I guess we will see if I actually decide to head out. And no power- no internet- the world would come to an end. j/j
January 15th, 2007, 09:46 AM
~Jess~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
we have a fireplace, but it is electric. lol it is getting crazy down here though. I have a dr. appt, but I guess we will see if I actually decide to head out. And no power- no internet- the world would come to an end. j/j[/b]
My thoughts EXACTLY!

January 15th, 2007, 04:55 PM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm in the same boat as you! I don't know if I'll be able to get into work the next couple of days...

January 16th, 2007, 01:31 PM
KnKMom's Avatar Divorced, working mom
Send a message via Yahoo to KnKMom
It's so strange for me to read your posts about the weather since I am in Wisconsin and that is so typical here!
January 16th, 2007, 01:55 PM
Quote:
It's so strange for me to read your posts about the weather since I am in Wisconsin and that is so typical here! [/b]
LOL! We've got about 1/4 to 1/2 inch of ice on the ground, and seriously ... EVERYTHING is closed down today!!! Dell is closed, the governor's inaugural parade was cancelled, everything. We actually had SNOW this morning (not enough to cover the grass... looks like a bad case of dandruff... ). Dogs were digging out of their yards and running around the neighborhood playing/wrestling, and people were in their backyards with video cameras.
January 16th, 2007, 03:15 PM
nmiracles's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nmiracles
We were clear for today, but I have fingers crossed for no school tomorrow!

Quote:
It's so strange for me to read your posts about the weather since I am in Wisconsin and that is so typical here![/b]
That's just it. It is so untypical, we don't know what to do- how to dress, drive, etc.
January 17th, 2007, 07:32 PM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
In the mean time, in Michigan we have 6 inches of snow on the ground (that we got all in one night), and it's not more than 20 degrees during the day. Ice and snow, totally the norm around here. In fact, the other day we were commenting on how much snow we haven't gotten yet this year. Those of you in warmer climates are always fun to watch in the cold/snow ... all bundled up in heavy jackets when it's 40 degrees outside. That's long sleeve t-shirt and let's play in the yard weather around here.

Don't get me wrong, I still hate it ...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search