maybe some good news!

Forum: Financial Planning and Budgeting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Financial Planning and Budgeting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 15th, 2007, 11:18 AM
whitlovesoak's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to whitlovesoak
ok so i am trying not to get my hopes too high but... DH just called me and there have been some changes at his work recently. i am not sure if all of you read my intro but he recently had some garnishments started being taken out of his check etc. we are expecting in march and things like that so not too good. anyways, his supervisor for his shift in his department just got a job as the main supervisor over the entire department and all shifts. well DH has been doing the shift supervisors job since last week when he moved up. today they told him they were gonna meet with him. he said it souned like an upbeat "gonna talk to you later" rather than a dreadful one. we are really crossing our fingers that he gets this job because it would mean a raise. plus his raise coming in april. so... i will let you know if my budget details are changing or not lol. please think of us today. it would be the best timing possible and such a blessing right now. thanks again for helping me out so much and all the advice. i will let you know as soon as i hear from DH.

oh and on a side note. i have been looking into starting daycare after the baby is born so i could stay at home as well. there is a lady who decided she needs a break and wants to go back to work just part time. she said she didn't need the money so doesn't care if she is working only to pay for daycare. she has 3 kids and it would only be part time. i told her i would do all three for 5 to 600 a month. we will see if she waits till may or june though. if she decides to wait till i can do it then it will be another great thing for us. i will let you know on this one too.

dont' worry i won't be leaving still need to be on a budget no matter what lol

</div>
January 15th, 2007, 11:33 AM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
*crossing fingers and toes as tightly as I can*
January 15th, 2007, 11:37 AM
thanks so much!

</div>
January 15th, 2007, 11:48 AM
~Jess~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
GL!!!!

January 15th, 2007, 02:55 PM
ok so i took DH lunch. i have some good news. some bad but mostly good lol. so... he got a promotion! the bad news is he is moving to graveyard but i don't think it will be as bad as when he was on swing shift. atleast on graveyard we will sleep while the other is at work and still see eachother at our usual times we would anyways. ok so it is a $4 an hour raise! plus he will get one in april after he has been there for a year. i am so excited. this couldn't have come at a better time!

so for his updated info. he will be making 14.50 an hour i do believe if it is off a little i will let you know. he works 40 hours a week. he usually has overtime but i don't want that planned on. the garnishment is 25% of his net income. i figured the taxes on my payroll program at work. i am thinking that after taxes and the garnishment he will be making about 1300 a month. so that is all that has changed in my budget for now. if it is a little different i will let you know! thanks again!

</div>
January 15th, 2007, 03:00 PM
~Jess~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy

January 15th, 2007, 03:24 PM
*doing the happy dance* (...and I can't dance, so you know it's quite a sight!)
January 15th, 2007, 06:07 PM
nmiracles's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nmiracles
Quote:
*doing the happy dance* (...and I can't dance, so you know it's quite a sight!)[/b]
you are so silly!
January 15th, 2007, 06:13 PM
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Quote:
*doing the happy dance* (...and I can't dance, so you know it's quite a sight!)[/b]
you are so silly!
[/b][/quote]

LOL I know.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search