Bensmom, you here?

Forum: Financial Planning and Budgeting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Financial Planning and Budgeting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 18th, 2007, 01:36 PM
dzine21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I want to move up to "hopefully" (cross my fingers) the last house we need. I need all the info to just hand to DH. I'm figuring my budget and I've got all the debt reduction info you gave me. We're doing fine. He just thinks that we will have to take all the fun from our lives to do it. And he doesn't think we will be able to afford it when we ever do get pregnant. Will you, or anyone else lurking, be willing to sugest to me if we can handle it or not? Please and thank you! I'm willing to pm you my budget.

</div>
January 18th, 2007, 01:46 PM
~Jess~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You can pm me your budget if you want. Are you going to have to make budget cuts in order to afford a house? Have you calculated the payments already (including taxes, insurance, and mortgage insurance if applicable)? I can help you out with that too if you'd like.

Are you hoping to be a sahm? Have any idea how much childcare will cost if you return to work? Planning to bfeed or cloth diaper? All that info will be helpful too.

If you'd rather Chrystal worked on it for ya, just pm the info to her. She's been busy this week, but I believe she has tomorrow off work, so she may be able to look at it then.

January 18th, 2007, 01:48 PM
nope, I'll get it to you in a min. Thanks SOOO much!!!!

</div>
January 18th, 2007, 01:52 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Just saw this... it'll be tomorrow before I can look at it. Jess is great with budgets, though. She'd probably do a better job with that part than I could. I'll pm her the info I sent you back in November so she'll be up to speed.
January 18th, 2007, 01:54 PM
I have to say you two are wonderful!!!!!! Thank you, thank you thank you!

</div>
January 18th, 2007, 02:10 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
I just sent her the old stuff... you'll need to update what's already paid off. I don't remember if I asked you back then or not... you told me your mortgage amount, but didn't specify if you were paying your taxes/insurance from a separate account (since I didn't work on your entire budget, I was only doing the debts, I didn't think to ask ). I assumed that was JUST your mortgage. If you rolled your taxes and insurance into the amount you gave me, my math will be off by quite a bit. The other stuff should still be the same though.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search