MOTW - 4iris

Forum: Financial Planning and Budgeting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Financial Planning and Budgeting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 21st, 2007, 12:05 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
She'll be MOTW on women's health next week, so if you just can't get enough, come over there as well.
August 21st, 2007, 12:42 PM
How many friends do you talk to regularly on the phone?
How many loads of laundry do you do a week?
How many pairs of shoes are laying on your floor?
How many people are on your yahoo/aol/msn buddy list?
How many rings before you answer the phone?
How many states/countries have you been to?
How many televisions do you have in your house?
How many times a day do you check the board?
August 21st, 2007, 01:04 PM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How many friends do you talk to regularly on the phone? Ummmm...none.
How many loads of laundry do you do a week? Too many! Probably 8-10, depends whether we're washing bedding.
How many pairs of shoes are laying on your floor? None, they're all laying on the floor of my closet! DH hates tripping over shoes, so we're good about putting them away.
How many people are on your yahoo/aol/msn buddy list? 5, but I only ever talk to one of them...DH.
How many rings before you answer the phone? 2
How many states/countries have you been to? Oh boy, let me count...15 states (16 if landing at an airport for a connecting flight counts) and 3 countries besides the US (England, Wales, and Jamaica)
How many televisions do you have in your house? One, but it's 51" with surround sound. That's about all the TV our 1444 sq. ft. house can handle!
How many times a day do you check the board? Oh at least 6. I start with my boards at the top of the JM list and work my way down over and over and over (yes, I have no life and am tired of my job! )
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
August 21st, 2007, 05:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
How many children would you like to have?
How did you adjust to having 2 kids instead of 1?
How long have you been married?
Where did you meet your husband?
Do you have any nicknames?
What do you like to do in your spare time?
What did you get from your husband for your last birthday?
Do you like getting flowers or would you rather not have the $ spent?
What's your job?
What's your favorite tv show?

How's that for an odd assortment of ?s?
August 22nd, 2007, 07:21 AM
How many children would you like to have? 2 - so we're done...YAY!!
How did you adjust to having 2 kids instead of 1? Very slowly. It helps that my boys are just shy of 6 years apart and that I didn't go back to work until Ben was out of school for the summer, so we had lots of time to get the morning routine down.
How long have you been married? Almost 9 years!
Where did you meet your husband? I worked at a local ice rink with his best friend. DH came down to see his BF, who was secretly pining for a girl who worked at one of the eateries around the rink. DH and I spent the evening teasing his BF and have been together ever since!
Do you have any nicknames? Not anymore, unless Mommy counts. I used to be Kat, Kit-Kat, and Kat-Banana (high school chemistry class, that's all I remember about the origin of that one).
What do you like to do in your spare time? Read, quilt, scrapbook, work in the yard when it's not too hot.
What did you get from your husband for your last birthday? A DVD, a picture frame, some flowers, and a date night.
Do you like getting flowers or would you rather not have the $ spent? I like getting one or two roses or carnations every now and then. I'm not big on getting flowers all the time. I'd rather go out to eat or something instead.
What's your job? I'm a business analyst in the healthcare industry.
What's your favorite tv show? Almost anything on Discovery Health. I'm a sucker for the shows about moms of multiples (i.e., the Duggars, Jon and Kate Plus 8), because I get ideas on how to better manage my much smaller family.

How's that for an odd assortment of ?s? You're a girl after my own heart!
August 22nd, 2007, 11:25 AM
I'll be kinda boring this time.

What's your favorite...

...action movie?
...band or singer?
...Date Movie?
...Disney movie?
...line from a movie?
...love song?
...movie quote?
...one hit wonder?
...sports team?
...Tear Jerker movie?
...tv show?
August 22nd, 2007, 11:39 AM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
What's your favorite memory from dating your DH?
Other than the two you have, what are your favorite baby names?
When you and DH argue, who wins?
When's the last time you had an amazing dessert?
What time do you normally get up in the morning?
August 22nd, 2007, 01:18 PM
What's your favorite...

...action movie?
That's tough, I like a lot of them... Die Hard, Batman Begins, and The Rock jump to mind.
...band or singer? Not really either one, it's a piano duo: www.pianobrothers.com
...Date Movie? Gone in 60 Seconds or The Shadow
...Disney movie? The Lion King or Beauty and the Beast or Little Mermaid
...line from a movie? I can't think of one. I'm always quoting movies when the moment's right, but can't think of one to save my life right now!
...love song? theme from Beauty and the Beast
...movie quote? Nope, still can't think of one...
...one hit wonder? Mmm Bop, but only because The Hansons are from Tulsa.
...sports team? Seattle Seahawks
...Tear Jerker movie? Mystic Pizza
...tv show? Anything on Discovery Health, when I actually get a turn with the remote, that is.

What's your favorite memory from dating your DH? That I kept falling asleep on our dates, but he kept asking me out anyway! I was going to college full time, working at least 20 hours at the ice rink, and skating competitively. I was tired. We'd get back to my house to watch TV and it would take about 10 seconds for me to fall asleep.
Other than the two you have, what are your favorite baby names? We love Amy Sarah for a girl. I like Dylan and Patrick for boys.
When you and DH argue, who wins? Well, that doesn't happen very often...probably DH, because he's more stubborn than I am.
When's the last time you had an amazing dessert? Monday night! We made a new to us recipe for an ice cream cake to celebrate Ben's first day of school. I need to have some more of that tonight, now you mention it...
What time do you normally get up in the morning? Between 6 - 6:30. 6:00 is better because then I get to shower. 6:30 is a ponytail day.
August 23rd, 2007, 05:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
How many living grandparents do you have?
How many siblings do you have?
Is your mom or dad older?
Are your or your husband older?
How old was your mom when you were born?
How old were you when you had your kids?
How content are you with your current home?
How long until you'll be debt free (excluding mortgage)?
Favorite game to play with your son?
Favorite goodie to eat?
Favorite restaurant?
Favorite season?
How are your son's rooms decorated?
Leather or cloth seats in your car?
Car, SUV, or van?
Who do you trust your kids with more-your parents or ILs?
Do you think schools should have digital clocks?
Did you cry at your wedding?
Do you like your immediate neighbors?
How much $ is in your wallet/purse right now?
August 23rd, 2007, 06:07 PM
How many living grandparents do you have? None of my own, but DH has 2 grandmothers still. I lost all my grandparents when I was in high school (and we won't talk about how long ago THAT was )
How many siblings do you have? Just one brother. He's 3.5 years older than me, but I'm bigger.
Is your mom or dad older? Mom is by 4 months
Are your or your husband older? I'm older than DH by 8 days. His grandma teases me about being a cradle robber.
How old was your mom when you were born? 31, I think
How old were you when you had your kids? 29 and 35
How content are you with your current home?Very, I really love it! Alex's room is a bit small, but it works. I love, love, love my kitchen!
How long until you'll be debt free (excluding mortgage)? OY...a while. Probably 8-10 years.
Favorite game to play with your son? With Ben, Wii bowling. With Alex, kissing his feet to make him giggle.
Favorite goodie to eat? Dark chocolate or ice cream...better yet, BOTH!
Favorite restaurant? Texas Roadhouse
Favorite season? Winter. I love snow and warm sweaters!
How are your son's rooms decorated? Ben's is in primary colors with a baseball ceiling fan and light switch plate. Alex's is a chambray, denim, and sage Transportation set from Target.
Leather or cloth seats in your car? Cloth in mine, leather in DH's.
Car, SUV, or van? 2 SUVs - a Subaru Forester and a Land Rover Discovery
Who do you trust your kids with more-your parents or ILs? A mix, my dad and DH's mom.
Do you think schools should have digital clocks? Nope, I think it's good for kids to learn to tell time on an analog clock first. Took Ben all of a week to learn it in Kindergarten.
Did you cry at your wedding? No, but I got the giggles during the vows.
Do you like your immediate neighbors? Yes, we're on a cul-de-sac and have gotten to know all of our nearest neighbors really well. We've got a really good block.
How much $ is in your wallet/purse right now? Maybe 50 cents. I almost never have cash!
August 23rd, 2007, 06:46 PM
What is your favorite amusement park?
Do you like roller coasters?
How long would you stand in line to ride on something at an amusement park?
Do you like cotton candy?
Are you a rollercoaster screamer?

For either Thursday or Friday ... whenever you see this:

What are you making for dinner?
What is your favorite recipe?
How often do your order dinner out?
Do you call your evening meal dinner or supper?
How often do you have company over for dinner?

August 23rd, 2007, 08:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
What name is longer-maiden or married?
When did you get your first real kiss?
Did you ever cheat in school?
Did you play any sports in school?
Do you tan or burn in the sun?
What color is your comforter?
Do you have a wedding photograph up in your house?
What time do you go to bed at night?
Who puts the kids to bed?
What's your favorite thing to eat for breakfast?
When was the last time you got to sleep in?
Where did you go for your last vacation?
Where did you go for your last trip away from the kids?
Did you enjoy being pregnant?
Have you lost your baby weight yet?
August 24th, 2007, 08:49 AM
What is your favorite amusement park? So far it's Busch Gardens in Virginia, but only because I haven't made it to Disney World yet!
Do you like roller coasters? Yes, love 'em!!
How long would you stand in line to ride on something at an amusement park? If I've heard the ride is a good one, I'll queue up as long as it takes. If it's just a so-so ride, then I'll move on if the line looks too long.
Do you like cotton candy? Yes!!! Especially the tri-colored ones...they're pretty.
Are you a rollercoaster screamer? Yes, but from fun, not from fright.

For either Thursday or Friday ... whenever you see this:

What are you making for dinner? No idea! Probably something simple like spaghetti.
What is your favorite recipe? My MIL's lasagna. I make it for Christmas dinner every year. TONS of cheese!
How often do your order dinner out? Not very. Maybe once every two weeks (at the most).
Do you call your evening meal dinner or supper? Dinner
How often do you have company over for dinner? Usually only on Sundays during football season. DH gets NFL Sunday Ticket on DirecTV so he can watch any of the games. We invite all his friends and their families over and everyone brings food. Starts in about a week.

What name is longer-maiden or married? Married, by 2 letters
When did you get your first real kiss? Night before Thanksgiving, 3 months before I turned 17. It was really WET.
Did you ever cheat in school? Once on an impossibly hard Chemistry test. We all wound up failing it and retaking it later anyway.
Did you play any sports in school? Yep, soccer (goalie) and I was a competitive figure skater.
Do you tan or burn in the sun? Burn.
What color is your comforter? We have a quilt in navy, light blue, and white squares.
Do you have a wedding photograph up in your house? Yep, quite a few.
What time do you go to bed at night? I have to have 8 hours, so I go down between 10-11 (or as soon after Alex goes to sleep, whichever happens last).
Who puts the kids to bed? I put Alex to bed and DH and I take turns with Ben.
What's your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Pancakes with butter and syrup, and bacon...OK, now I'm hungry...
When was the last time you got to sleep in? 5 months ago, just before Alex was born.
Where did you go for your last vacation? Colorado Springs to visit my MIL. We had a blast!!
Where did you go for your last trip away from the kids? Ummm...we haven't.
Did you enjoy being pregnant? Yes, for the most part. It went smoothly, no morning sickness, just heartburn.
Have you lost your baby weight yet? No. Starting to work on that, though.
August 27th, 2007, 07:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
What kind of child care are your kids in?
What do you like best about it?
What do you like least about it (other than that you aren't with them!)
Will you want your kids to get a job in high school/college?
Who makes more-you or your husband?
August 28th, 2007, 12:50 PM
What kind of child care are your kids in? Alex goes to a family day care, where Ben went before Kindergarten. She is the sweetest lady ever! She's like another mom to me and a grandma to my kids. LOVE her. Ben's in after care at school and the lady who runs it seems just as sweet as the one caring for Alex.
What do you like best about it? The family day care is great because the kids get more personal attention and are in a more comfortable environment than at a commercial day care. She really knows the kids and loves them like her own. She cried when Ben started Kindergarten and had to leave her house. After care for Ben is great because it's at school, so he has his classmates and doesn't have to ride a bus to get to day care.
What do you like least about it (other than that you aren't with them!) Family day care is a bit trickier when she needs to take a sick day or some vacation, but I can work from home so it's not too terrible. After care at school makes Ben's school day seem really long since he's in the building until 5:00ish.
Will you want your kids to get a job in high school/college? Absolutely! They'll be expected to pay for "fun" expenses (like car, gas, entertainment, etc.) and to build their savings. They'll also be responsible for at least some of the cost of their education, so unless they get a full ride somewhere, they'll be working.
Who makes more-you or your husband?I make about 30% more than DH, but only because I started higher. In the last 8 years I've increased my salary by $14K. DH has increased his by $22K and is more likely to continue the larger increases than I am.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search