Disability

Forum: Financial Planning and Budgeting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Financial Planning and Budgeting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 27th, 2007, 04:46 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Do you or your dh have disability insurance? We don't, but I wish we did!
August 27th, 2007, 05:16 PM
~Jess~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yup, dh has paycheck protection that covers 65% of his salary for life if he becomes disabled. We can also use it short-term if need be. There is a 30-day waiting period. We also have accident insurance thru Aflac which will cover any type of accident with a single cash payout. That should cover his first month & any out of pocket medical expenses.

Aflac also covers me and the boys. We got $70 for Zack getting a 1st degree burn on his arm when he was helping me in the kitchen. It covers just about ANYTHING.

August 27th, 2007, 05:40 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Quote:
Aflac also covers me and the boys. We got $70 for Zack getting a 1st degree burn on his arm when he was helping me in the kitchen. It covers just about ANYTHING.[/b]

August 27th, 2007, 07:43 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
My DH has disability insurance through his employer.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

August 27th, 2007, 08:05 PM
~Jess~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Quote:
Aflac also covers me and the boys. We got $70 for Zack getting a 1st degree burn on his arm when he was helping me in the kitchen. It covers just about ANYTHING.[/b]

[/b]
I know, right? The catch is, they only pay if you go to the dr. I normally wouldn't take him to the dr for such a teensy little boo-boo, but I figured, pay $15 & 30 minutes time to earn $70? Absolutely worth it, lol. Netted $55. Dh was lhao at me.

August 27th, 2007, 08:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm pretty sure my husband has something, don't know exactly though.
August 27th, 2007, 08:33 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have both short and long term disability insurance through work. I pay a little extra to get 70% coverage should I have to go out on long term disability. DH does not have any private insurance but because he injured his back in the service he receives DI from the military and if it got to a point where he could not work due to it then his benefits would increase.

August 27th, 2007, 10:23 PM
~Trina~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~Trina~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Trina~
We don't have disability insurance but I am on Social Security Disability through the fed. government

"A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water." -- Eleanor Roosevelt
August 28th, 2007, 05:00 AM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
Dh has state mandated coverage, but nothing more than that from his employer. We're dealing with this currently as he's on workman's compensation because of the accident. Should he not be able to return to work, the compensation would eventually end and he'd have to file suit or settle with the employer. After that, he's on his own in their eyes.
August 28th, 2007, 05:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes, I have disability insurance thru work....short and long term. Short term covers 66 2/3% of my income, I pay extra for 70% long term.

The short term is what I had to use after delivery. Six weeks of paid time off, 6 weeks of unpaid FMLA. However, when I went into the hospital last year when I was pregnant, I ended up staying for 8 weeks, add another 4 weeks of home bedrest, along with 6 weeks of pay after delivery....it was well worth it. Downside was that I had already used my FMLA up and could only take 6 weeks off after I had Sydnee.

Stella Rae - May 22, 2009, 7lb 3oz, 20in and 4 weeks early!!!

August 28th, 2007, 11:10 AM
Resi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We don't but plan on getting Aflac when it's time to TTC.
August 28th, 2007, 12:20 PM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We've both got short and long term disability through work. I got 70% of my pay for 6 weeks after Alex was born because the benefits from the company that took us over in January didn't kick in until July. With the new benefits, I'd have gotten 6 weeks at 100%.
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search