I need to vent!

Forum: Loss of a Parent

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Loss of a Parent LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 2nd, 2009, 09:46 AM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma
Ok, slightly off topic, but still related.....

When Dad passed away I had a ton of medical equipment at the house. Potty chair, bed, shower stool, some sort of inflatable mattress thing that was supposed to help prevent bedsores.... Anyway...I called the company and they came out a few days later to pick up the stuff. As they were breaking it down and carrying it out the guy ran into my son with part of the bed. It sliced his upper lip open and I had to rush him to the hospital to have stitches.

They apologized and told me that the company would take care of the bill. The guy even came to the hospital later with a toy for my son and apologized again.

Fast forward more than two years to today. I just got a letter from a collection agency stating I have a bill at the hospital for nearly $700.00 that needs to be paid. They can't help me by calling the Medical supply place so I call the hospital, they have no notes about any contact with the medical supply company on the record (even though they told me in the ER they had already talked to them).

I go through and find the phone number for the company and call them. Lucky me I get a brand new employee with no idea what she is doing. 20 minutes later she finally gets her supervisor on the phone who says, "I don't think you were promised this, why would we pay your medical bills." I explain again that HER employee smacked my son in the face with a bed, and she says "Well, I need to have this handled above me, but at any rate, I don't foresee us paying your medical bills."

So now I am sitting here waiting on a call back about an issue that should have been settled over 2 years ago! Oh, and did I mention that in the past two years, I haven't received a bill, a phone call or anything from the medical supply place, the hospital or any collection agency until today? Why does it take two years to realize that there was a problem?

I am usually very easy to get along with. I didn't even throw a fit when they hurt my kid. I sat there with ice and pressure on it while they called their supervisor and then finished getting stuff out of the house before taking him to the hospital. I didn't call and complain, I just said I didn't have any insurance on him and they said..."Oh, that won't be an issue, this was our fault, we'll pay the bill." Now two years later it's on my credit report causing problems, and if they refuse to pay it I will be contacting an attorney and suing the company, the employee and anyone else I have to sue to get this taken care of. I'm just so pissed!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!
April 2nd, 2009, 10:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That is just awful!!!! but if i were you, i would see about getting an attorney--or least tell them if they don't resolve this asap, then they can resolve it with your attoney...(even if you don't have one...the word usually will get something moving...)i might would even call back and tell them that you just dumbfounded that they are reniging on something they are responsible for and you can always report them to the BBB...or again, mentioned that you decided to just let your attny handle...
I am a business owner and I would want eveyone to abide by the same rules that i have to abide by...
that is just shameful. do you have any paperwork that they might have left signing off on the pickup? maybe they will....it should information on who was there...
best of luck and keep us posted...

ps-i don't mean to come across 'sue happy' but again...everyone has to play by the same rules!!!

Saw a beautiful little heartbeat 1/28/10
Heard a Beautiful little heartbeat 3/3/2010
Saw a Beautiful Little GIRL 4/5/2010!!!!
Held my beautiful Little GIRL 9/24/2010

April 2nd, 2009, 10:26 AM
upawallndownagain's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to upawallndownagain
How rude to tell you I don't think we promised you this! What a bad attitude for a supervisor! I would go higher up and if that person wont help you I would take them to small claims court. I would call the head of the hospital too and ask why you were told one thing and are now hearing a totally different thing. I'm sorry you are having to go through this, hopefully one of them will come to there senses and take care of it.

April 2nd, 2009, 05:23 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
how awful-I hope the company owns up to their error and pays-that's a pretty big bill for everyone to ignore for two years!
April 2nd, 2009, 06:15 PM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma
Well they didn't call back like they were supposed to do. I will have to try to contact them Monday most likely. I have to have both of my kids at the eye doctors tomorrow and that is going to take most of the day.

I asked the lady in the hospital billing office why I hadn't heard anything about it in two years and she said she had been sending bills to my Dad's address. Well, umm, I didn't give them that address, and the bill was in my married name, so I don't know how she could have made that mistake. Also, the collections people found me with no problem, so how could she have been sending it to the wrong address? She didn't tell me the address either....Just said that it had gone to my Dad's address (after I told her that this had happened right after my Dad died. I finally asked her flat out "Why would I give you my Dad's address if he was already dead and there was no one even living there?" She said there was nothing else she could do to help me and hung up.

I am so far beyond annoyed over this that it isn't even funny.

Well they didn't call back like they were supposed to do. I will have to try to contact them Monday most likely. I have to have both of my kids at the eye doctors tomorrow and that is going to take most of the day.

I asked the lady in the hospital billing office why I hadn't heard anything about it in two years and she said she had been sending bills to my Dad's address. Well, umm, I didn't give them that address, and the bill was in my married name, so I don't know how she could have made that mistake. Also, the collections people found me with no problem, so how could she have been sending it to the wrong address? She didn't tell me the address either....Just said that it had gone to my Dad's address (after I told her that this had happened right after my Dad died. I finally asked her flat out "Why would I give you my Dad's address if he was already dead and there was no one even living there?" She said there was nothing else she could do to help me and hung up.

I am so far beyond annoyed over this that it isn't even funny.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!
April 2nd, 2009, 07:18 PM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i'm sorry that really sucks! you can dispute it on your credit in the meantime.
April 2nd, 2009, 09:37 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Ugh, I hate it when people don't follow through on their promises!! I'm so sorry you are having to deal with all of this. I hope the people at the medical supply company come to their senses and do the right thing!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search