Hi, I'm new here

Forum: Loss of a Parent

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Loss of a Parent LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 20th, 2009, 06:24 PM
babytoes0608's Avatar Regular
Hi everyone. I'm very new to JM and today I came across your board. I was wondering if I could join as I lost my father on 4/8/08 unexpectedly in an accident while I was two months pregnant with what would have been his first grandson. I started to read some of your stories, and I'm so touched that this group even exists.

April 21st, 2009, 05:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Welcome, i'm Tami I lost my mom 23 jun 08, My daughter we are hoping for will be born on her passing date....I'm sorry to hear about your dad
Please jump right in & share

April 21st, 2009, 06:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
HI! Im Blair, I lost my father 7/4/07 to cancer... I thought he could make it to walk me down the aisle, but he didn't.... I miss him bunches!
Im glad you found us!

Saw a beautiful little heartbeat 1/28/10
Heard a Beautiful little heartbeat 3/3/2010
Saw a Beautiful Little GIRL 4/5/2010!!!!
Held my beautiful Little GIRL 9/24/2010

April 21st, 2009, 08:53 AM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma
Welcome to the group. I am Stephanie, your host. I lost my father to cancer in January of 2007. I am glad that you found us here and I look forward to getting to know you. Make sure you share your birthday/anniversary info as well as the info for your father in the sticky at the top of the board. Whenever you are ready I hope you will also share his story with us.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!
April 21st, 2009, 02:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Welcome to the board, and I'm sorry for your loss. I'm Kristin and I'm loosing my dad to pancreatic cancer.
April 21st, 2009, 05:02 PM
babytoes0608's Avatar Regular
Thank you all so much. Although I just hit the one year mark of his passing, I'm still extremely emotional at times and....well...basically in denial that he's "really not here anymore". I will share everything in the sticky and hopefully someday be able to write his story in as well. To be honest, I still can't wrap my head around that day. (As I'm sure you all know what I mean.) All I know is for some reason, something made me drive to my parents house on my lunch break. They were watching my daughter that day (who was 18 months old at the time). I sat at their kitchen table, my dad across from me, my mom, and daughter and we all ate lunch. Who would have known that that would be the last time I'd see my dad. Hear my dad. Talk to my dad. Later that night, he took his usual motorcycle ride and was in a fatal accident. We still know nothing. The toxicology and autopsy reports came back fine. We question every day what happened to him. Getting that phone call at 9:40pm from my mom and hearing those words, "Daddy's dead" just floored me. And I was 2 months pregnant at the time.

Sorry to ramble on...but I look forward to coming here and getting the lift I so greatly need on those days where I don't even want to face the world.

April 25th, 2009, 08:15 PM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
welcome to the board. I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your dad. My mom died feb 17th 2009 from endometrial cancer (only 6 months after diagnosis).

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search