Mother's Day

Forum: Loss of a Parent

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Loss of a Parent LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 1st, 2009, 06:41 AM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma
As the day approaches I pray for those of you who have lost your mother's. Please take a moment to share a little about your mom and tell us what you plan on doing (if anything) to remember her this year on mother's day.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!
May 1st, 2009, 08:10 PM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
this will be the first mothers day without my mom - and it's already hitting me, as i walked down the card isle to get a card for my sister. I miss my mom more than i can say or write...she was a wonderful and dedicated woman, very giving and passionate. Even when we had it rough when i was younger she still always found a way to help those who were having a harder time. So giving and loving. I plan on buying a flower plant for her this year. Love you mommy!
May 2nd, 2009, 07:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
This is also my first yr with out my mom.... & yes it is really hitting hard... It has been since she got really sick & was being rushed to the hospital....

At the time we were in the "what's going on mode" & really i was doing good till i got prego...

Now it seems like i can't drive down the road, take a shower or even close my eyes at night with out thinking & breathing about her or this or that...

Most of the times the dreams/ flashes are super pleasent & i see her face... smiling... other times are not...

I'm trying to be strong for the baby... i can't let myself get to emotional .. so i'm really not going card shopping this yr.. it was hard back in feb for my hubby's b-day to go down that isle then but i did it...

I have a MIL so i think i'll eather be sending my hubby to get me the card or i will order flowers online for her..if i do that i have to do it soon....

Gl ladies my thoughts are with ALL of you!!!

May 8th, 2009, 04:58 AM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma
I just wanted to let you know I'll be thinking of you both on Mother's day. You and everyone else who has lost their mother.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!
May 8th, 2009, 05:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you same here!!!! .....

My hubby ( not thinking ) called me yesterday & said he was talking to his mom & his father wants to take us both out for dinner ( with of course my hubby & my daughter ) but we have to get together & talk ( resturant of our choice.. )

I told my hubby i don't wanna sound like a b** but do you not realize it's mother's day & this is going to be a bad day for me???

I said i'll see how i feel & play it by ear you know... THEY mean well & we have to live for the living... i just don't wanna go if i'm emotional that day ... he of corse understood & said yes we'll play it by ear.. i don't wanna rewine it for them so i will try my best....

May 10th, 2009, 04:07 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
((hugs)) ladies. This is my 3rd Mother's Day without my mom, it sucks not having her, but it doesn't hurt as much as the past two; probably b/c I'm busy thinking about my two new NICU babies and pretty occupied. Each year will hurt a tiny bit less.
May 10th, 2009, 08:59 PM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
my mom wrote a mothers day note for my sister and I 2 weeks before she died - her husband sent it to us this weekend - so wonderful but so hard.

Hugs to you ladies who have lost their moms!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search