Can someone please tell me if I did something wrong?

Forum: Loss of a Parent

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Loss of a Parent LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 25th, 2009, 09:21 AM
Julie_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just wondering because I posted about how rough the week before father's day was going to be for me and no one responded. I was just looking for some sympathy from anyone who understood. Sorry for asking, I just don't feel welcome.

June 25th, 2009, 01:52 PM
Mom 2 Avery's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mom 2 Avery Send a message via Yahoo to Mom 2 Avery
I'm sure you didn't do anything "wrong"...it has just been really hard for many people missing their significant male role-models. (I have had a couple stepdads...my father passed away in 1995.)

Please don't take few responses personally. I'm sure someone meant to respond and it just got lost in the shuffle.

After the fact, I hope your Father's Day wasn't as tough as you thought it might be.

Keep your chin up, sweetie! Dad's always watch!!!
Hugs from Houston!
Dawna
June 25th, 2009, 05:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to melkissa2004 Send a message via Yahoo to melkissa2004
I agree with the above post. If you think about it, this board is really slow because most people don't lose their parents on a daily basis. Most people come and post once or twice and don't return. I am trying to stick around, but I've been really busy the past couple weeks between my dad passing, family being in and out of town, funeral, ashes, work, etc.
You are more than welcome here! Trust me. Just stay patient and wait a few days for a response. I sometimes forget to check this forum, sorry.
More hugs for you! (((HUGS)))

June 25th, 2009, 06:09 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I'm sorry that you had a rough week and that no one was here for you. I agree with the other girls...I posted here frequently after my Dad passed away in February, but most days I'd rather not be reminded of it so I don't come here. Since DH and I are now both without our Dads, we just kind of ignored the holiday all together...easier that way.

I hope you are doing okay, and please don't think you did something wrong.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

June 25th, 2009, 06:17 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I'm sorry that you had a rough week and that no one was here for you. I agree with the other girls...I posted here frequently after my Dad passed away in February, but most days I'd rather not be reminded of it so I don't come here. Since DH and I are now both without our Dads, we just kind of ignored the holiday all together...easier that way.

I hope you are doing okay, and please don't think you did something wrong.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

June 26th, 2009, 06:50 AM
Julie_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry for saying anything. I just feel so alone a lot of the time. Please don't think I'm a drama queen. I am not. Grief is just such a weird thing.

June 26th, 2009, 07:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to melkissa2004 Send a message via Yahoo to melkissa2004
Don't be sorry hun. Feel free to PM me anytime you want to talk too. Grief is different for everyone, and I can understand why you felt the way you did at first. This board is just slower to get responses from, that's all.

June 26th, 2009, 09:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry ... I also try & watch here... & sometimes i forget that just b/c i lost my mom & not my father yet,,,that is still important for the other person....

everyone is going threw there own stuff... & this past sunday was father's day/ our 1st anniversery...+ we just brought home our baby Then right after that we had a ruff night & i only got 4 yrs of sleep & it was also the 1 yr passing of my mom so i wasn't on the computer much....

Please don't ever feel unwanted/unneeded b/c you are & i also wanna envite anyone who needs anything please feel free to PM me also,,, cause with the new born i can't always check every site i'm on now....

HUGS & i'm soooo sorry for your loss!!!!

June 27th, 2009, 06:42 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've also got twin newborns at home and haven't been on this site in a few weeks ((hugs))

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search