I think my sister may be using my dads name?

Forum: Loss of a Parent

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Loss of a Parent LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 9th, 2009, 10:25 AM
upawallndownagain's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to upawallndownagain
My older sister Stephanie lived with my dad back in 05-07, while she was living with him she started a truck driving "business". My dad moved in with me in June 07 he passed away on 7-24-08. Before he passed my sister came to TX to see him and she kept asking where my dads things were I told her nobody was going through his things, then when my dad passed she didn't come back for his funeral. About a month later she called me saying that I was now the vice president of her and dads "business" but she needed his death certificate. I did not send it to her because my husband is the one who paid for the entire funeral including the death certificates! I had already closed down all his credit cards and things like that but, I received a change of address in the mail for my dad I called the post office and they were no help.
My sister is a very shady and crooked person, I'm worried that she has opened lines of credit in my dads name, is there anything I can do? I know its not going to hurt him because he is no longer here but its wrong. My dad moved here because he was tired of her using him.
Has anyone gone through this?

July 9th, 2009, 06:58 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Gosh, what an awful situation! I think if you contact the credit bureaus and let them know that your father is deceased, they can put some kind of alert out so that no one can use his name/social to open new accounts. You can probably also get copies of his credit reports to see if your sister does indeed have things open in his name. If you want to, I'm sure you could probably file a police report and have them investigate this.

I'm sorry that you have to go through this after losing your Dad.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

July 10th, 2009, 10:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
i would kill my brother if he ever did this !!! I argee with melissa.. contact the police & credit places.... Don't let her get away with this....

I'm truly sorry you are going threw that!!!!

August 24th, 2009, 06:25 PM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i'm sorry you're going through this - what a horrible situation! HUGS! i can't imagine the feelings that it's bringing up for you. If she has opened credit in his name that's illegal - and you could contact the police about that.
August 31st, 2009, 07:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry for your loss and that you are dealing with this. I think if you bring his social security number in and a death certificate they will close it all and noone would be able to use it and if they did, they'd be in big trouble. I think its the best way to avoid people using other people id. Bring everything in to where you get it from so they can close it all and put notes on there that the person is deceased. I'm so sorry that you have to deal with this, its unfortunate that you have someone like that in your family.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search