Lost My Mom A Week Ago

Forum: Loss of a Parent

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Loss of a Parent LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 29th, 2009, 12:30 PM
I really dont know where to start my mom was sick for a while she went through so much. I was about 12 years old when she first went into the hospital. my mom had diabetes she got so bad off that she went into a coma. She was in a coma for about 2 months. When she came out of the coma and got better we got to bring her home. She was doing fine after that, then when I was about 19 she had to have open heart surgery. My mom had a hard time swallowing food the doctors did some type of surgery on her throat also. She had water in her body that they had to drain out. About a month ago she had kidney failure. I Live in california my mom was living in Florida with my sister and my step father. I blame them for my mothers death. is that wrong to say? They didn't make sure she went to her dialysis. They weren't making sure she ate or anything. I wish she Would have came to california like i wanted her to maybe she would be still alive. I would have taken care of her. anyways my sister called me august 18th she told me my mom only has 7-10 days to live. I was broke there was no way i could have got there. well august 19th my sister left me a message. telling me that I don't care if my mom dies because i don't call her back. So I called her she put me on the phone with my mom. She said hello I said Hi momma And I was about to cry. Then My sister took the phone.I didn't get to tell her I loved her or anything. My sister tells me what do you want me to do with her. I said I don't know. It was the wrong time to be asking that I was worrying about my mom dying at that time she hung up on me. About 6:20 pm I got a call from my cousin that my mom passed away. My sister didn't even call me to tell me. I don't know what to do. I don't think its really hit yet that shes gone. It feels like a dream. I lost my best friend the only person I had. I don't have my father. He hasn't been around. and now i don't have my mother.
August 29th, 2009, 08:01 PM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
firstly HUGS!!! I can totally understand your pain and your anger. I lost my mom about 6 months ago (feb 17th). It isn't wrong to feel anger towards someone or something - you're trying to cope and understand and balance something very big. But i'm sure at the same time they tried to do everything they could to help your mom, their actions of not letting you know what was going on sooner is hard to grasp - but maybe they were in denial or didn't want to cause you alarm. Either way, i can totally understand why your upset - i would have been very upset not to know what was going on sooner. And I'm sooooo sorry that they didn't call to tell you she had passed away, that must seem terribly cruel. Again, I am so sorry for your loss. Loosing a mom is a big thing. I was there when my mom died and even still it took along time to really grasp more fluidly, some days still it is. But i feel the loss more now. I know it's hard not to focus on what they did - but try to focus on you and positive memories of your mom. Try to sit with the feelings of her love around you for a bit. i know it helps me sometimes. HUGS!
August 31st, 2009, 06:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry for your loss. I can't believe that your sister did that to you, what kind of sister doesn't call to let them know something like that. I'm sorry you didn't get to be with her. Are you going to go to her funeral? I think you should try to find the money to go so that you can be with her one last time, it might give you a little bit of closure. I am so sorry.
September 28th, 2009, 09:54 PM
I am sorry. I can really sympathize.

Last edited by Mamasdaughter; October 18th, 2009 at 12:24 PM.
November 17th, 2009, 06:47 AM
Please, let us know how you are doing?

Last edited by Mamasdaughter; November 17th, 2009 at 06:46 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search