Dad found his relief

Forum: Loss of a Parent

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Loss of a Parent LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 2nd, 2009, 12:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
He passed away on Nov 12th. I had been there for 3 weeks taking care of him so my mon didn't need to send him to a hospice center. He wanted to die at home. His last breath was at 6:26 am with mom and I at his side and the sky was on fire it was so red. Sunrise was always dad's favorite time of day. Thanksgiving was rough, especially since that was the 2 week mark and I'm sure Christmas is going to be really hard. I miss him so much, but I feel better knowing that for all the things my dad did for me I got to be the one to make sure he got the one thing he wanted most. I got to give him the gift of dying where he wanted. I just wish I knew how close the hole in my heart, it aches so much.
December 4th, 2009, 06:44 PM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma

I am so sorry hun. I know the pain all too well. Nearly 3 years ago it was me and my mom sitting there as my Dad too his last breath. I'm glad that you were there and able to keep him at home where he wanted to be. I know that right now you probably can't see past the pain, but one day you will be very glad that you were able to be there for him right to the very end.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search