Hello

Forum: Loss of a Parent

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Loss of a Parent LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 27th, 2010, 11:49 AM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was just surfing around JM and noticed this board. I don't know why I didn't go looking for it before! I lost my Dad last month, on February 23rd. He finally passed after a 10 month battle with lung cancer that had spread to his brain, neck and liver. I think I'm doing OK at this point, but I think sometimes dh and friends get tired of talking about it and I sometimes wonder if they worry about saying the wrong thing around me.

Dad chose to have his body donated to science research and his wife received his cremains in the mail recently. I am to go to her house on Monday to get some of his remains placed in a small keepsake urn and a tiny keychain urn. I am looking forward to this.

The whole experience is so unreal. I was in the nursing home when he died. He actually waited until I left the room to change the baby's diaper to pass. I wish I had been in the room with him, but apparently he didn't! The whole thing seems like a dream I had, and not something that actually happened.

I'm having a hard time accepting the fact that he is really gone, he will never watch my children grow up or have kids of their own. I named my youngest after him, and he was only able to see him one time that I think he was actually lucid. It feels so wrong to go to his house when he's not there. It feels like he should walk in the door at any minute, but of course he won't.

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
April 6th, 2010, 12:13 AM
Perfectly~Flawed's Avatar ♥ Proud Potterhead! ♥
Send a message via AIM to Perfectly~Flawed Send a message via Yahoo to Perfectly~Flawed
They death of a love one who is sick is so bitter sweet, isn't it? I'm sorry for the loss of your father.

My dad passed in 03 and I still think he will walk through the door. So, sweeit you named your youngest after him. :Wub:

Welcome to the board Sarah

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search