Tuesday Tales

Forum: Loss of a Parent

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Loss of a Parent LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 5th, 2010, 11:25 PM
Perfectly~Flawed's Avatar ♥ Proud Potterhead! ♥
Send a message via AIM to Perfectly~Flawed Send a message via Yahoo to Perfectly~Flawed
Give us a short story of the greatest memory you have of your loved one. It can be as long or as short as you want it to be.

If you were too young give us a story on how you think it would've been like. The things you wanted to do with them, the things you dreamed about.

April 6th, 2010, 10:09 AM
Perfectly~Flawed's Avatar ♥ Proud Potterhead! ♥
Send a message via AIM to Perfectly~Flawed Send a message via Yahoo to Perfectly~Flawed
On Sept 11, 2003 the day before my 17th brithday my father passed away. Now years later my heart is nearly filled once again, after the birth of my daughter.

I remember in Elementary my father worked there as a custodian, he was always there sticking his head in the class room door to check on me. I remember during lunch time, the time kids stole my food that he or my mom would bring for me (I became really sick once and never ate cafeteria food again) he'd storm down and snatch my food back - many times I got to eat in the Teacher lounge with him!

When I entered Jr. High, I no longer had my protective father there watching over me - to sum it up it sucked. At the age of 12, 7th grade, I started having eating 'problems' I became depressed and everyday the teasing got worse.

I was never black enough, my hair was too long...I wasn't normal the kids said.

But after school my daddy was there to hug me and glare at the kids over my back. No one could touch me while in his arms...no one could say mean words...no one could hurt me there.

As I entered HS, I noticed my daddy wasn't as...strong as he use to be. But he was always there anyway and HS started out great I loved it.

In 11th grade however...my dad got quiet and slept a lot but refused to go to the Doctor except for the VA every now and again. I knew he knew something was wrong but he never told us.

August went by quickly and Septemeber started, I remember my daddy laying on the couch a high fever and he was out of it. My mom, sister and I think my brother rushed him to the hospital. They came back late in the night but no one would tell me anything, but I heared something about his kidneys being bad...

So, a few days later he was to be sent to a VA hospital in Amarillo a city just two hours away. I was sooo angry at him that morning because I had to take him and I was late for school....

The next time I saw him...just a day later he was in a wheelchair, weak from his dialysis.

I remember crying and running to him hugging him and begging him to be okay.

That is where I get to my happiest memory, he told me "Baby girl, you'll change and its going to be okay. You're going to be okay. I love you."
Now, you guys don't know my daddy but for him to say I love you...that is rare! He's never told anyone that but once but for me that was twice!

He passed only about a week later and I was there he wasn't awake but I saw a tear tun down his face as we spoke to him...he heard us as he passed. He heard me say I loved him too...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search