My mom passed away last night :(

Forum: Loss of a Parent

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Loss of a Parent LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 26th, 2010, 12:47 AM
mommy2skyty's Avatar Super Mommy
Hello my name is Kelly, my DH is John and we have 2 young children (almost 1 and 2.5 years old). My mom has been battling Cancer for the past 3 years and last night she passed away in her sleep She was only 53 years old and she was such a strong person. I can't believe she is gone and I miss her soo much already. I want to talk to her soo bad and I can't. I have never lost someone soo close to me before and I need support from people who have been through this. I feel like I need to be strong but sometimes I just break down. I have lots of family and friends who are a great support system but I need time to grieve and with time I think I can heal. I hope to get to know you ladies and we can support each other in our time of need...

Skyla Helen- Feb 2nd, 2008
Tyler Lyman- Sep 6th, 2009

Quinn Kayden- Aug 17th, 2013

My kids are growing up soo fast!
August 26th, 2010, 06:35 AM
Veteran
Sorry to hear of your mothers passing. Healing does indeed take time and don't feel like you have to rush it. It's been ten years for me since losing my mom and to this day I can be stopped in my tracks by a song, or a smell, or someone who looks like her and just feel my whole body ache.

Sounds like you had a good relationship with her and I only say that because it hurts so much. I have a dear friend who has a sour relationship with her mom and I can honestly say that when her mom passes I don't think it will bother her too much. It's just the nature of the situation.

Cancer is a evil thing, my father in law was diagnosed with lung cancer in August 09 and passed away in October 09. It just wiped him out in no time at all. Truly sad.

Hug your babies tight and give extra squeezes to your husband, now you have been touched by the old saying Life is too short.
August 26th, 2010, 09:21 PM
Perfectly~Flawed's Avatar ♥ Proud Potterhead! ♥
Send a message via AIM to Perfectly~Flawed Send a message via Yahoo to Perfectly~Flawed
Oh no hun, I'm so sorry for your loss!

Libra took the words right from my fingers.

Many hugs to you - you and yours will be in my thoughts

August 27th, 2010, 10:13 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry for your loss-it takes time to grieve, so be gentle with yourself
September 24th, 2010, 12:45 AM
Minilegs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry for your loss! My mom passed away from renal failure in the hospital just 2 days after being admitted last Summer. My grieving has come in waves. I have just accepted it as it comes, I still miss her all the time but, the pain has lessened some.

Give yourself a chance to grieve how you will grieve...everyone is different.
May 9th, 2011, 04:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i don't get on here much, so i'm sorry it took so long , please yes give your self time to give, you will go in waves as i do myself,,,

my name is Tami, wife to glenn we have a mine, his & our daughters , Trisha knows who grandma is, syd was 4 when mom passed & didn't spend time with her b/c we didn't have her that much. Trisha ... everytime we take her to the site she is smiling,, makes me happy & sad

mom passed in 08,,she survived breast cancer but the beast took her with bone & liver cancer

i am comfortbly numb ,,, i truly wanna take the ladies advise to celebrate her live to make it a better day , we have done that to a surtin extent . but mothers day is the hardest for me still ./..

i still feel guilty maybe if we did things different yesterday but hubby parents still here so we spent the day with them

at 6 he asked do you wanna see mama ... no i'd loose it plus trisha's bed time was coming & she been acting up latley at 6

hugs my lady.. we are here

May 19th, 2011, 02:15 PM
mama_aud26's Avatar Mommy of 2 girls!
I'm so sorry my mom was only 47 and she just passed away April 12th. I don't know why these things happen...... it hurts I'm just so sorry. I wish there were some way we could alleviate the pain =/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search