Walking for my mom tomorrow!

Forum: Loss of a Parent

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Loss of a Parent LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 5th, 2010, 03:39 PM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This is the 3rd year i will be walking for my momma for the American Cancer Society. The first year, she had just been diagnosed with cancer, the second year was her birthday and she was gone but walking with me in spirit, this 3rd year my daughter will be 3 months old - the walk is a day before my mom's birthday and i am walking with the same type of cancer cells in me that ended up growing into stage 4 cancer taking her life. (don't worry i'm having a hysterectomy in less than 2 weeks to take care of that!)

This year i was able to raise $775 to sponsor my walk - in BIG part b/c of my step dad who doubled what i had raised. So more people can have more birthdays and beat cancer.

This is my special yearly thing for her now. I love it and at the same time i am sooo emotional. I miss her so much. And at the same time i'm so appreciative of her experience and her words of wisdom to me - before she passed away she told me if anything ever came up to take out the uterus - so when it did at my 6 week PP pap i didn't have to hesitate in my decision.

anyway i just wanted to say that i miss my mom, i'm thinking of her and this is my special thing for her.

Loving my mommy Esther Walner.
November 5th, 2010, 05:11 PM
NewportMamaBear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to NewportMamaBear
I'm sorry for your loss, but love what you're doing. I hope you have a great walk tomorrow.
November 5th, 2010, 06:14 PM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
thank you!!
November 12th, 2010, 01:43 AM
mommy2skyty's Avatar Super Mommy
I am soo sorrry for the loss of your mom My mom also passed away from Cancer and we also used to do the walks when she was in remission. I will plan on doing walks in her memory.

Skyla Helen- Feb 2nd, 2008
Tyler Lyman- Sep 6th, 2009

Quinn Kayden- Aug 17th, 2013

My kids are growing up soo fast!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search