next month will be 2 years

Forum: Loss of a Parent

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Loss of a Parent LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 9th, 2011, 05:56 PM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i can't believe next month will be 2 years from when i lost my mom.... not only that but 7 weeks ago i had my uterus and cervix removed for the same type of cancer that cost her her life - the difference - i had my daughter and at my 6 week pp visit they caught it in the very very early stages... my mommy wasn't so lucky she had no reason to have a check and didn't get one until she was stage 3 I miss her soooo much. i wish i could tell her about all the changes in my life..we have our own house and a baby girl now, but i can't. My mom passed away 6 months after her diagnosis. I spent a lot of time with her and the last month when she moved to hospice care with her (my sister as well was there). I found her in the morning - her husband (my step dad) sleeping beside her on the floor....he didn't leave her alone for a night the last 3 weeks of her life ever.

I can't say in word the impact that the loss of my mom has had on me....but i know you all understand

i'm posting this now - because i know i won't be able to next month - Feb 17th
January 10th, 2011, 05:48 PM
mommy2skyty's Avatar Super Mommy
I am so sorry for your loss Cancer is such an evil thing! I am sorry your Mom's Cancer wasn't found until later. Hopefully because you caught yours early you will be Cancer free. My mom died this past August of a rare form of Cancer that started in her leg and eventually spread throughout her body. She didn't even know it was there until it got really big. I am soo scared of getting Cancer as well and I think early detection in the key to being cured. I will walk for my mom this summer in the Relay for Life and I hope to hear about other people who have beat cancer because my mom never gave up and I am sure your mom never gave up as well. I am sure your mother would be soo proud of you and your children are beautiful.

Skyla Helen- Feb 2nd, 2008
Tyler Lyman- Sep 6th, 2009

Quinn Kayden- Aug 17th, 2013

My kids are growing up soo fast!
January 11th, 2011, 03:53 PM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
thank you. I'm sorry about your mom Cancer really does suck. I've been walking for my mom for the last 3 years in the American Cancer walk - 1st when she was first diagnosed - the 2nd year was on her birthday after her death and the 3rd year was this year for both my mom and myself...walking is a healing thing - i hope you feel that when you do your walk. I'm soooo proud of my mom for the fight she did, and it sounds like your mom did too.
January 16th, 2011, 12:12 AM
NewportMamaBear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to NewportMamaBear
*hugs*
January 22nd, 2011, 06:59 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry, you're in my prayers for peace this month.
I am so sorry you've already had surgery to remove cancer, but I am so glad they found it early.
Moms are very, very hard to lose

Lucky mother to five!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search