hello

Forum: Loss of a Parent

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Loss of a Parent LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 24th, 2011, 04:08 AM
Veteran
My name is Jessica i'm 36 and I lost my mother 3yrs ago on april 29 2008.
It still feels like yesterday. she died of liver cancer and dissapeared in 2weeks.
Non of us expected it and bareley had time to say good bye.
I still miss her like crazy. She was 58.
I live with my boyfriend and we are trying to concieve our first...
My father is 75 this year an lives up north, my brother also lives up north.
We all go ahead with our lives but there is a big empty hole in our lives.
She was the best..and now I wish she was here to help me out..to give advice..I wish she could have become a gramma ..and I hope at least my father will be a grandfather soon.
My boyfriend's mom has lung cancer which we are desperately trying to cure...
When I saw this board..I thought I might be a place where I could be understood..and Just wanted to say hello and hope to get to know all of you more....
Jess
May 24th, 2011, 10:57 AM
NewportMamaBear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to NewportMamaBear
Hello *hugs* I'm sorry that you lost your mom so young and quickly.
June 5th, 2011, 06:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Jess-I'm so so sorry of you losing your mom and I hope you get a bfp so your dad can be a grandpa soon

June 5th, 2011, 07:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
welcome...i'm Tami..wife to glenn mother to daughter 17 ..step mom to daughter 6 ..mother to trisha almost 2

quick vision//// mom had bone and liver cancer\

she tryed to hid it but we all new it was getting bad

mom beat the beast ( breast cancer ) so we had hope,,,, i went and orderd the wedding dress came home for the bbq ....saw how she was ...took a pic.. 3 days later we were bringing her home to dye\

told her we were getting married now..not sept ..last thing she said to me was..this better be forever ...i think it will be ,,my husband has alot of growing up todo..but i will stick by this as long as i can

so we got married 21 june //// she passed 23 june.....08 ....she was not awake but here

we got re married in sept 08..... like you i am happy to bring a grandchild into my dad's life...he loves trisha ,,, sheee is a mini me ... mom would have loved her and prob stole her lol

dad has had 1 bid stoke & 4 mini ...but b/c trisha looks so much like me he excepted her///

trisha does so ment things that mom does & NEVER crys when we visit her ..she sits and talks to mom every day at the picture ..one time ( and we have meny pic's up...) i said wheres grandma and she pointed at mom...

its hard hun,,,very hard

i saw her take her last breath. so did my husband .daughter .aunt & unle..but it's much harder when you have kids..

what really bring me joy is when they do things you don't do but your mom did,,,its freaky & your like i didn't show her that but mom used to do it

Trisha does that all the time i love my mom ..i took her oppions growing up...but i never acted like her....trisha is & oh man sometimes its a stuggle... but i love it

June 16th, 2011, 07:34 AM
Veteran
Thank you to all of you who answered me..I really appreciate it and it feels good not to be alone..It took me a while to reply cause we’ve been busy with BF’s mom. The last results weren’t good and to top it off I think she’ starting to get depressed so we’re looking for a psychologist for her…So finally today (I’m at work) I sneaked a peak and found your replies…Made me feel good..thanks very much…Big hug to you all and thanks for listening..Jess

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search