Best Memories

Forum: Loss of a Parent

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Loss of a Parent LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 26th, 2011, 03:19 PM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I thought it would be nice to share some good memories. It can help a lot to remember the love and happy times shared with a much missed parents.

Pictures, stories or just quick thoughts - what are some of your best memories?

A trip to Beaumaris Castle - around 10 years before losing my dad and my last trip out with my Uncle Jack before he passed away. Will never forget that day. We shared a love of history.

My graduation day, 1997. He was so proud.

A family holiday. He was always taking us on holiday or for days out. Something he's passed on to me: I'm always making memories with my son.

My dad was ill from when I was 11 years old after having a stroke. However despite battling with mental illness, he never forgot to say how proud he was of me and my achievements, or how much he loved me. I'll never forget the night before he died. He looked right in my eyes when I was leaving the hospital and he couldn't speak by that point (he was on oxygen with pneumonia and COPD) but I felt he was saying goodbye, I love you and I am proud of you all in that one look.

June 27th, 2011, 10:35 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
awww, what great pics and memories, tfs!

Some of my faves are the four months after Nolan was born, just before she died. She was so proud of her 6th grandchild, she just adored him. I miss her so much.
June 28th, 2011, 12:39 PM
How lovely that she had that contact with Nolan before she passed.

June 28th, 2011, 01:55 PM
amrysmomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Love the pictures I unfortunately don't have to many of my dad, which is one thing I really regret, but I think the memory that sticks out in my mind the most is my grandpa would take the whole family out for a yearly Red Lobster lunch/dinner. One year my sister Sam was able to make it which was a rare thing, and we sat down at the table and she grabbed the ketchup and mustard and said "Here this helps" imitating the scene on Dumb and Dumber, and I just remember my dad laughing and his laugh sticks so well in my mind because of that memory.
July 9th, 2011, 10:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I still have some pics of me & my dad . I do remember him giving me a hug every nite. I do have a family picture that was taken two weeks before he killed himself it was at a campground that was woodbine .

I have alot of pictures with my grandpa at graduation, my mom 40th b-day , my grandpa got to really know my son his great grandson for like 5 yrs which he died a few months before he could meet his other great granddaughter.

July 10th, 2011, 11:24 AM
All those memories of loving moments and little things your folks did that made them "them" are gorgeous to have.

July 12th, 2011, 08:10 PM
NewportMamaBear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to NewportMamaBear
I remember riding around in my dad's VW Bug and eating at Dick's Drive-In, feeding the ducks and geese at the lakes. I remember visiting my great grandparents with him and him, my great grandpa and me walking to Silver Lake with grandpa's canoe and them each rowing me around the lake. I remember him driving all the way from Nebraska to attend my HS and college graduations and to be at my wedding. I remember hearing that he shook my step dad's hand at my HS graduation party and congratulating him on raising me so well. He was a remarkable man and I have tons and tons of great memories.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search