just wondering...

Forum: Children With ADHD

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children With ADHD LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 4th, 2009, 10:29 AM
jacob'smom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to jacob'smom Send a message via Yahoo to jacob'smom
please nobody take this the wrong way...

but do you ever with your adhder DIDn't have any issues?

do you ever wonder what life would be like if they didn;t have ADHD or similar issues?

i love my lil one don't get me wrong but sometimes it justs feel like too much for me to handle and i get frustrated and i wonder what if....

<MARQUEE WIDTH="100%" BEHAVIOR="scroll" SCROLLAMOUNT="5" DIRECTION="left">
</MARQUEE>
January 4th, 2009, 11:49 AM
3girls1boy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
please nobody take this the wrong way...

but do you ever with your adhder DIDn't have any issues?

do you ever wonder what life would be like if they didn;t have ADHD or similar issues?

i love my lil one don't get me wrong but sometimes it justs feel like too much for me to handle and i get frustrated and i wonder what if....[/b]
I understand your feelings. Mine is more with my ASD children than my older daughter with ADHD. I think we all feel this way at time especially when we have a child with behavioral issues. Its nice to have people who can relate to how you feel.

January 4th, 2009, 05:56 PM
luvmykidz's Avatar Veteran
Sometimes. I feel that maybe if I did something different, he wouldn't have it, but then I realize it is hereditary and nothing I did made him that way. I do think what he would be like if he didn't have any problems.

January 4th, 2009, 06:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm just thankful I didn't have ID twins with Corey. Could you imagine two of them the same age with it?

Of course I wish he didn't have his issues but I love him nonetheless. There are many many many parts of him I love and wouldn't trade those parts just to have a calmer less defiant child.

I remember reading somewhere that the same personality traits are in criminals as are in astronauts. It is our job as parents to help the become the latter! They can learn to use these very annoying traits to their advantage when they are grown up. Corey for example is extremely persistent. Like nothing I could ever have imagined. Some day he could use that to argue in front of the supreme court if he chooses and is well directed. I try to keep that in my mind when he is driving me totally nuts.
January 6th, 2009, 06:20 PM
jacob&#39;smom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to jacob&#39;smom Send a message via Yahoo to jacob&#39;smom
thank you SOOO much ladies for not berating me for having these feelings reading the responses to this post actually made me cry. Sometimes i just feel so alone and ao helpless and like this is myfault somehow or i'm being punished. I'm all he has. His dad split a long time ago and i don't have a s/o to lean on and i get so frustrated especially on bad days that i just don't know what to do...

</MARQUEE>
January 6th, 2009, 08:18 PM
luvmykidz's Avatar Veteran
We are here to provide support and understanding. I don't think anyone would want their kids to have this, and it definately isn't fun at all. It is a struggle and it is also frustrating at the same time. I totally understand how you feel though, I have a friend is similar to you in the same aspect as you with a son with ADHD herself and she is a single mom too. She does an awesome job with him and I know you are doing a terrific job with Jake! Hang in there! :hugs:

January 7th, 2009, 11:32 AM
Send a message via MSN to jacob&#39;smom Send a message via Yahoo to jacob&#39;smom
thank you clarisa....

</MARQUEE>
January 7th, 2009, 02:04 PM
lovemyboysandabbey2's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to lovemyboysandabbey2 Send a message via Yahoo to lovemyboysandabbey2
yup..all the time, sometimes it kills me to go out in public and himbe in one of his moods and see other kids his age and they are fine. Sometimes it's really hard to deal with.

January 14th, 2009, 11:58 PM
Totally Fierce Mommy
It used to be so hard and more frustrating than anything. I would skip playdates, birthday parties, etc. I'm so thankful things have changed.
January 15th, 2009, 08:22 AM
roving_gypsy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
again being new here, I hope no one minds that I jump in. Some times I get so aggervated and angry and I don't know why. I know that he can't help doing some of the things he does but yet it makes me angry on his bad days, and then I get so upset at my self because I get angry at the things he does. Sometimes it to the point that I want to pull my hair out, because its only half way through the day and he's already reached a boiling point. I do wonder what it would be like for my son to be like my other two childern, but then I think of the good times when he makes us all laugh and gets us going. lol My husband is my son's step dad, and I'm so thankful to have him because I know I wouldn't be able to do this alone.. My husband has the ability to get on his level and play with him even after a bad day (which is really what he needs).
I admire those of you doing it on your own, I'd be fried!

Ask me about dōTERRA Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils!

Or click on the picture above to visit my Facebook page!

January 30th, 2009, 05:37 PM
it's helping having my brother stay here but nobody can stand jake climbing on them all the time and i feel bad that its annoying people

it's helping having my brother stay here but nobody can stand jake climbing on them all the time and i feel bad that its annoying people

</MARQUEE>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search