Does your child know he/she is different?

Forum: Children With ADHD

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children With ADHD LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 1st, 2010, 05:25 AM
Momeejenjen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Momeejenjen
My son is realizing that he is slightly different from other children, even though I don't feel that he is and I never let him use his learning disability as an excuse.

I realized this when he went to see Percy Jackson and it was mentioned he had ADHD.. my son was thrilled to know some one else was like him!
March 11th, 2010, 02:57 PM
lovemyboysandabbey2's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to lovemyboysandabbey2 Send a message via Yahoo to lovemyboysandabbey2
Yup, my boys know, mostly because they are on meds, but they are old enough now they know there is something different about them.

March 16th, 2010, 09:14 PM
luvmykidz's Avatar Veteran
My son knows because he is medicated and we have open conversations about it. I tell him that yes he is different, but he is special and loved and nothing will ever change that. I want him to know that it isn't his fault either, that it isn't something he did or that we did to make him that way. He understands and has accepted his differences. He actually has other friends who are ADHD so that has never been a problem.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search