A vent....

Forum: Children With ADHD

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children With ADHD LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 4th, 2006, 06:35 AM
Mom_of_3sweeties's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I will start out being the venter here LOL

UUUGGHHH I sssooo wish there was something magical I could do to POOF ADHDand ODD AWAY forever.

This disorder is the root of ALL that is evil, and I would never never never wish it upon anyone EVER!!

Our life is ssooo miserable, so chaotic, so AWFUL, I can not express how much I hate it!

The last 8 months we have been threw intense therapy, switching of meds the whole 9 yards, and here we are 6 wks away from introducing a new life into our family, and things with my son are WORSE now than they were when we began.

We are at our wits end here, and do not know what to do. The therapist is thrilled with where DS is on the meds b/c he opens up more at sessions, but for us at home, we are living a flipping nightmare!!

DS's disrespect has went SEVERLY downhill, every word out of his mouth is negative or sarcastic from the time he wakes in the morning, until he goes to bed at night!

DS is waking again at night, sometimes 3 and 4 times. I cant imagine this when the baby gets here!!

DS picks fights, and has escalated to hitting, punching, kicking his younger brother.

I have taken TV, computer, PS everything but baseball (because he has an obligation to his team to finish out the year) and he says: "I dont care! Whatever" AAARRRGGGHHHH

We have a chore/behavior chart, it worked well for about 2 months, now I have to fight him to do ANYTHING remotely close to the chart.

Im sssooo over ADHD/ODD!!! I HATE IT with a passion, I hate it!! I just want my life to be normal, I want to have well behaved children, I want to be able to take him out in public without him ruining it. Family outings, what is that? We dont have them, often, cause why should I subject others to the disfunction that is our life?

Ok, I dont feel better, but it helps me to get things out like this sometimes.....
May 4th, 2006, 08:20 AM
Blessings B's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey Ange, ICK ICK ICK I own an " I don't care" too. So I implented " hard labor". First I do not take anything away , but he has to earn every little thing he gets. Hard labor can be lots of different things, from scubbing the bathroom with a tooth brush to digging a 3 ft hole in the back yard. The hard part for me is follow through all the time. But boy have I seen an improvement in behavior and attitude. I also have implemented the steps in the book 123 Magic. I used to recommend it parents all the time. It really is good. And a new baby thrown into your mix is going to be a challenge, but you can do it . We are here to hear you out. Goodness we all need that daily. Blessings B

Oh by the way, I do not consider this a vent!!!! THis is your life daily, huge difference. B
May 4th, 2006, 02:04 PM
JuneBug2006's Avatar Forever missing Gracie
I know exactly how you feel Ange...... I mean, everyone's situations are different but I see alot of similiarities...........
I have a lot of concerns right now about when 'junebug' arrives.... I mean, really I don't know if the change in Alex is due to the baby or if I am just using that as an excuse.....
I am tired of him being good elsewhere but not at home........

Mom2- The councellor that I have been talking to recently brought up some tips from "123 Magic"...... I thought about buying it but then I am kind of tired of reading more books.....
I'll check it out.
May 5th, 2006, 06:06 AM
Mom_of_3sweeties's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks B and Kay!

Malcom and I spoke last night, and what we are going to do is look into getting Tricare (military insurance) to send us out in town (his psychologist just got shipped out to Iraq, and there is not another in the area so we have the option now to go out in town for therapy ) and see a different therapist.

We feel that even though we go faithfully every week, the therapist isnt really helping us. We are there sometimes no more than 20 minutes at time, and that time is spent mainly with us, catching him up on the life since out last visit. We just dont think he is doing everything he could be for us.

So today and Monday, we are going to look into other options.

We will also go to Borders and get 123 Magic. We did ALOT of reading back in the day about the disorder, but nothing in the last couple of years.

We have to do something though, this is assinine and life just plain flippin sucks right now.....
May 5th, 2006, 06:20 AM
Blessings B's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh Ange I am so sorry!!! I know this has to be sooo tough. I am glad you are going "out" to find help. I do not know where you are , but there are some wonderful resources to help you find the care you need. The SLD web site and ADD/ADHD web sites have practitioner recommendations. Do you have a local support group? Have you hooked up with your state childrens rehab services? There are so many services out there. One of the things I used to provide for families was a home behavorial therapist. These folks are highly trained and work well as a go between. How does the school handle you child on a daily basis? I could go on and on sorry. If you need to chat I am here. Blessings B
May 16th, 2006, 09:26 AM
**Cynthia**'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to **Cynthia**
Hugs!!! I know how hard things can be!!! But now I'm curious over what the SLD website is and what ADHD websites you use?? Wes is 8 and I believe I may have problems with him in the future regarding listening. He hates his step-dad right now. But I swear the two of them are both big babies and pick on each other. I just wish my husband understood!!

Hugs!

May 16th, 2006, 06:35 PM
Amiee3's Avatar Veteran
Mom of 3 sweeties,

I feel ya!!!!! I hope with the meds and his doc things get better for ya

Amy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search