Odd - adha

Forum: Children With ADHD

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children With ADHD LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 14th, 2010, 04:12 AM
peimum's Avatar life blows sometimes.
Send a message via MSN to peimum Send a message via Skype™ to peimum
Hey everyone. I was on this board about a year ago I guess, when my daughter was first given the ODD label. I did not want to accept it, and neither did DH..... But, things are just getting out of control. Our 4 1/2 year old is driving us insane! She hurts her sister, not just the normal pulling hair, and pinching; no, so slams Alina's head into coffee tables, kicks her hard enough to throw her against a wall, and grabs hard items to throw at her. Then the next thing you know, they play fine together. She is extremely whinny, and sometimes reminds me of a 13 year old going through her fist PMS. She cries over the weirdest things.... I am just lost as to what to do with her. Her doctor wants to put her on meds... I just don't know if it is the right thing to do. He said that she has a 98.9% chance of being labeled ADHD..... And to top it all off, she is extremely smart! She can spell all of her friends names, her name, her sisters names... ect.... and, she writes them on the wall almost every day! I am not happy about her writing them on the wall.... but no matter what I do, where we hide the pen and markers, she ALWAYS finds them! She climbs to get what she wants. I am loosing my mind, and DH says he hates her and to give her away. This is my first born child..... as much as she frustrates me to my wits end, I just can't think that way.

Sorry for the long vent, any advise is gladly accepted.... As for DH, there is no changing him.
June 14th, 2010, 05:53 AM
lovemyboysandabbey2's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to lovemyboysandabbey2 Send a message via Yahoo to lovemyboysandabbey2
((((hugs)))) I feel your frustration. 2 of my kids are ADD/ADHD and my 8 year old is ODD and ADD. He is medicated and has done GREAT since he started his meds. he is a completely different child. I know medication is not the answer for everyone, have you tried anything more natural? my advice to you is to catch it now before she gets in school. it is so hard on these kids once they start school.
good luck and KUP! I'm here if you ever just need to vent!
Hang in there mama!

June 18th, 2010, 12:14 PM
Veteran
Wow he wants to give up his own daughter? Could she be acting out from the way shes been treated by him? That is a pretty harsh thing to say about your child.

June 20th, 2010, 07:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My dd is on risperdal for the odd and it made a huge difference. I was always against meds, but now I believe in them, but I think that parents need to be their child advocate and they have to watch to make sure that they are the right meds.
July 18th, 2010, 11:49 AM
Mommyto_Jaxon's Avatar 5 kids! WOW!
I thought I was the only one with a kid with ODD/ADHD.
My son is almost 7 and he's been on meds since he was 3.
It is VERY hard to handle him when his meds ware off. And he does play fight and hits his sisters. He also has fits to where he throws things and yells. He always has to get what HE wants and isn't happy until then.
Glad I found this board. Sometimes I need to vent about him and never know where to go.

Jaxon's blog

My blog

Last edited by Mommyto_Jaxon; July 18th, 2010 at 11:50 AM. Reason: booboo
August 1st, 2010, 01:41 PM
peimum's Avatar life blows sometimes.
Send a message via MSN to peimum Send a message via Skype™ to peimum
Quote:
Originally Posted by number5coming View Post
I thought I was the only one with a kid with ODD/ADHD.
My son is almost 7 and he's been on meds since he was 3.
It is VERY hard to handle him when his meds ware off. And he does play fight and hits his sisters. He also has fits to where he throws things and yells. He always has to get what HE wants and isn't happy until then.
Glad I found this board. Sometimes I need to vent about him and never know where to go.
He sounds just like my Gabriella! She is now on 30mg of Vyvance. What is your son taking?

Oh the issues with my DH.... the problems have deep roots. His stress level is off the charts, with immigration problems and having crazy amounts of debt.... the added stress of a child that does not listen to a word he says did not help. Now that she has been on the meds for a little over a month, he has seen a huge change. He is also working now, and so a lot of stress has been lifted. I am pretty sure he has ADHD that was never caught as a child, his mother is a bit loonie as well, lol. I gladly admit that I was on meds for ADD as a child. I was put on Ritalin when I was 14. I took myself off of it when I went to college; some days I regret that.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search