Need some help with my husband

Forum: Children With ADHD

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children With ADHD LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 14th, 2010, 07:22 PM
snlemon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, I've never posted over here...and I'm not even asking about my kid but hopefully someone can give me some suggestions.

My DH has pretty severe adult ADHD (he's had it since he was a kid). He was medicated through elementary and middle school- then he started smoking and stopped taking meds.

Now he just quit smoking- and as each day passes, he get's more and more....IDK, crazy.

Today he half weeded the garden, half mowed the grass, half bush hogged, half did everything. He can't sit still through a meal, he got up from dinner at least three times. He shakes or rocks when he sits, he can't go to sleep. He's been up for over 36 hours (he works midnights). Tonight he fell asleep right before work and I felt awful waking him up.

He honestly almost broke down as he didn't realize how bad his ADHD was until he quit smoking. Then he got distracted by something in the yard and forgot about it.

He doesn't want to go back on meds. I totally support that but I don't know how to help him focus.

I wish I could buy tons of lego's. They should seriously donate lego's to ADHD people...

Does anyone know how to help me help him?
July 31st, 2010, 06:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
first, I love your siggie. You have a beautiful family

here is an article: Beat and Treat ADD and ADHD without Drugs

Mommy to Briana - 10, Laura - 9, Kainan - 8, Sara - 6 1/2 , Andrew - 4 1/2 and Nathan - 2

I Love Yoli ! Ask Me Why!!!

August 1st, 2010, 01:01 PM
peimum's Avatar life blows sometimes.
Send a message via MSN to peimum Send a message via Skype™ to peimum
Your DH sounds like me. I was on meds until college, at which time, I chose to get off of them. I have tried very hard to eat healthy, avoiding things with yellow and red dye in them. My daughter has recently started taking meds for ADHD, and I have almost convinced myself that I need to go back on meds. If he is dead set on no meds, then looking into natural treatments is the best way to go. He could also try taking Melatonin before bed, to help him get to sleep.
August 16th, 2010, 06:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Just wondering if you had the chance to look at that article?

How's your DH doing? Have you guys tried anything for him? I hope he finds some help with things..I don't know what it's like to have ADHD myself but I can imagine it's gotta be frustrating at times

Mommy to Briana - 10, Laura - 9, Kainan - 8, Sara - 6 1/2 , Andrew - 4 1/2 and Nathan - 2

I Love Yoli ! Ask Me Why!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search