Why Mothers Day????

Forum: Children With ADHD

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children With ADHD LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 14th, 2006, 08:38 AM
Mom_of_3sweeties's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yall, Im sitting here in a puddle of tears b.c my son has totally ruined MY day....

His ODD has gotten sssooo bad the last few weeks, that yall, Im seriously at the point I want him admitted to hospital. Im at my wits end with him.

I cant even go into everything cause it would take forever, but yall, Im sssooo tired, Im sooo drained, Im emotionally done with this life of mine.

I have a baby coming in like 4 wks, and Im scared to death. Im scared Im not going to be able to handle him and the baby, Im scared that his behavior is evintually going to wear off on her also like it has our 7 yr old. Im scared that his almost 11 yrs old and that the teenage years are coming, if he is like this now, yall, what will it be like then?

Im sssooo over this.....
May 14th, 2006, 02:42 PM
Blessings B's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh Ange, {{{{HUGS}}}} I am sorry I do not live closer . It really seems like you son needs a major intervention, now. In patient treatment is not an aweful thing to do , in my book it is admirable. I am just worried about all of you and when Tessa comes I think it is only going to get worse. Is he receiving services from school? If so , I know I am nosey, what are they in general. What meds is he taking? Alot of Mental Health Org, have in home programs and beh therapist etc. for the home. I can go on and on . Pm me and I will send you my # and we can talk if you need to . I can not type everything I want to say. Blessings B
May 14th, 2006, 05:48 PM
T&Ts mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ange,,Im so sorry your special day was ruined.
I hope you have some special people in your life for support.
Your in my thoughts. :
Shelly
May 15th, 2006, 04:26 PM
**Cynthia**'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to **Cynthia**
Hugs!! Stay strong for him because you are his only advocate. I know it can be frustrating but he will thank you in the end for standing by him. I know those "horrid" days all too well as my 8 year old has ADHD. Luckily he doesn't have ODD but it is just as heartbreaking watching him fail at so many things.

Hugs!

May 15th, 2006, 09:57 PM
AishasHeart's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to AishasHeart
((((((((((((((((((((((Ange)))))))))))))))))))))))) ))))))

Hon, I am so sorry for how things are for you right now. I know it doesn't help, but my son sounds so much like yours. My son takes wellbutrin, abilify and trileptal. Right now though, nothing seems to be working and to be very honest with you, my mothers day was pretty awful. My son is currently on the "I can't stand my mother" rampage. His last session with his psych was basically a "let's bash mom day." As much as it hurt, I stayed calm and when we finished, I had to tell him how proud I was of him. He seemed puzzled. I told him in that room, he is free to yell, scream, vent, argue, cry and it will not leave that room. I told him that is why we are there. To get us help. My son doesn't elaborate or talk about what is bothering him. He holds it in and the anger builds until there is an explosion, which has been happening so much lately. This last week, he talked. Angry, but talked some. The only way he will start healing and dealing with himself is if he gets it out. I told him no matter what was said in that room, I would not get angry. Because what he says in there is helping me learn more about what bothers him and how I might be able to fix things a bit and the doctor is there to help us both.

I know what you're going through hon. You are in my thoughts.

(((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))

Aisha
May 16th, 2006, 02:16 PM
Mom_of_3sweeties's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thank you B!! I will PM you tomorrow to talk more. Id be very interested in hearing more about in home behavioral, and what you may know about the in patient treatments, Malcom thinks I have flipped my lid when I told him this was what I was thinking, I think he is in denial...
He is taking Straterra/Concerta combo for the ADHD, and Prozac for depression, but he can only take the prozac at night because it makes him sssooo tired. Im convinced that the combo is working so well for his other problems that the ODD is just intensified, but not being taken care of.

Thank you Shelly and Cynthismelina for the support!! HUGE (((HUGS)))

Aisha (((HUGS))) Im soo sorry that you know what Im going through, I sssooo do not wish any other mother to endure that horrificness (is that a word LOL) of ODD! Im ssoo sorry that your Mothers Day was ruined as well! I would love it if we could get into a family therapy, is that what you guys do or is it only for him and you come in sometimes? HUGE HUGE ((((HUGS)))) Feel free to PM me anytime if you need a shoulder or someone who can relate!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search