My DD is seriously making me CRAZY!

Forum: Children With ADHD

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children With ADHD LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 30th, 2010, 07:28 PM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
She'll be 4 in October. My 9 year old has ADHD and was diagnosed at age 6. She acts worse than he ever did though.

She can't sit still, can't be quite, screams and hollers instead of using a normal tone of voice, she's been waking up at 4 am wide awake and ready to play, Nothing holds her interest for longer than 3 minutes, she's constantly running everywhere in the house and in stores, she doesn't listen to anything you say to her, She actually talks 99.99% of the day I'm not kidding. You can't even finish a task, chore or thought before she's interrupting you again with something else she needs to say.

Should I take her to the Pedi or to my DS's psych doctor? The only thing is the Psych doctor doesn't take our insurance anymore so the eval would be $350

She's getting progressively worse and not better

July 31st, 2010, 05:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Just a suggestion based on an article I recently shared and a couple things my best friend has been using for her son and we are using for our DD...
1. keep a food diary of everything she is eating. increase veggies and decrease junk foods. we've never really done much junk food in our house but we have a history of processed foods. We cut the processed foods and increased fresh fruits and veggies. this has really helped our daughter.
2. try to Eliminate as much foods and drinks that have High Fructose Corn Syrup. this is extremely unhealthy and has been known to make ADHD worse. My best friend's son has improved a great deal with this step.
3. research Epsom Salts and how they help calm the nervous system. My friend has been giving her son Epsom Salt (magnesium) baths.
4. decrease the television watching and increase structured activities.

- these are just some ideas that we've tried and we've seen better attention span. We've seen an increase of her sitting on her butt when she talks to us instead of bouncing around the room while talking constantly. She still talks a lot but it seems more in control and calmer.

- as far as taking her to your son's psych, it sounds expensive... could you find a psych that does accept your insurance?

My suggestion would be to try a few natural things first and watch her change or not change. You might even find your son would benefit from the same things.

- I really would love for you to try a few things and I hope you find something that helps you!!! ADD or ADHD in the home can feel overwhelming, caotic, and stressful. contact me by PM if you ever need to chat a bit more. thinking about you...

here's another quick reference: Attention deficit disorder solutions through foods, herbs and nutritional supplements

Mommy to Briana - 10, Laura - 9, Kainan - 8, Sara - 6 1/2 , Andrew - 4 1/2 and Nathan - 2

I Love Yoli ! Ask Me Why!!!

Last edited by Julie_aka_Mommy; July 31st, 2010 at 05:56 AM.
August 1st, 2010, 01:30 PM
peimum's Avatar life blows sometimes.
Send a message via MSN to peimum Send a message via Skype™ to peimum
I totally agree that natural remedies are best.... we tried that for a little over a year before breaking down and medicating. Gabriella has been on Vyvance for over a month now. It is amazing the difference it makes. However, her daycare teacher feels like the difference is not a positive thing. She says that Gabriella is too calm! I never thought there was such a thing, until I actually spent a day with just Gabriella. Check out these videos I took of her... this is on 30mg of Vyvance the first is what she spent half the day doing, and the other is a close up of her face when she was talking. My point in the 2nd video is the blank stare.... my happy go lucky girl is not in this shell.

Video # 1 ~ YouTube - Gabriella on Vyvance
Video # 2 ~ YouTube - Gabriella on Vyvance
August 9th, 2010, 09:52 AM
lovemyboysandabbey2's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to lovemyboysandabbey2 Send a message via Yahoo to lovemyboysandabbey2
I would start with the regular DR first. I'mnot sure they would eval at 4 for ADD.
I agree with the other ladies tho, definitey try some of thise things first. I know how frustrating it can be.

August 9th, 2010, 08:44 PM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
Try the other things first, if they don't work, talk to her pedi or family doc first. They may be able to help before you have to fork out the $$ out-of-pocket for the psych.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search