Do I feel guilty...

Forum: Children With ADHD

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children With ADHD LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 10th, 2010, 12:23 PM
LaceyAnnLance Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to LaceyAnnLance Mommy Send a message via Yahoo to LaceyAnnLance Mommy
Hello everyone.. I'm Christina, I'm 31. Married to Scott.. We have 3 kids... Lacey is 6, Ann-Marie is 4 and Lance is 2. I was just diagnosed ADHD about a month ago due to the issues I've had since I first started school but only now am putting two and two together... Vyvanse has done wonders with me... I'm learning to deal with the side affects.. Some I like alot (weight loss) but some not so much... Today was my Lacey's first day on Vyvanse .. She is in Kindergarten. At first I was excited for her thinking to myself that as long as she feels as good as I do and if works well for her she will benefit from it... Well once I left for work this morning I have been a wreck... I gave it to her at 6am so by the time her daddy brought her to school he could see how she did when it kicked in... I went to the school at 9 am to inform everyone that she started the meds and get the nurse to make sure she keeps a eye on her that day and everyone else there to do the same. She goes to a fairly small school and she is well liked so everyone knows her and loves her lots... I got them to call her to the office to talk to me and as I watched her walk down the hall way to me, my heart just broke... I could tell she wasn't the same person... I'm just use to her ADHD and it doesn't affect her home life as much because I've learned to handle it... Its every where else and everyone else that it affects... I went through being labeled a loud, dumb, talkative kid because of this and I don't want her to be affected like i was... Well anyway I sat down for a while and asked her how she felt... She was super quiet and said that she hasn't talked in class and she even raised her hand to answer a question instead of yelling it out... She seems alittle sad and wanted to go home but I told her she would feel better as time went on and her body gets use to it... When she went back to class I just broke down and cried... I know it should get better but I feel like such a bad mom... I know that in the long run this will be a good thing for her and it will help her so much... But right now I just see that quiet child who is not my daughter. I just hope she gets use to it quick and is a little like her old self...

Thanks to Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my beautiful siggy!!
November 10th, 2010, 12:41 PM
peimum's Avatar life blows sometimes.
Send a message via MSN to peimum Send a message via Skype™ to peimum
Please, don't feel like a bad mom! You are a GREAT mom for noticing that there is an issue! My daughter started out on Vyvance. It does not work the same way for everyone. It sounds to me like it is affecting her the same way it did my daughter. She behaved great, but she seemed sad, never smiled, hardy talked, played alone at school...... talked about death....... so I called the doctor and told him that we needed to figure something out. She has been switched to a different med. She is currently on Respidone....... it is doing well for her.

Did they start her on the 30mg? Gabriella started on 20mg, and we worked her up to 35 before I finally said enough is enough.

oh, this is a video of Gabriella..... 2nd day on 30mg.......... she talked that day, but sat in the chair almost the whole day
YouTube - Gabriella on Vyvance
November 10th, 2010, 01:12 PM
I can so relate with you. My daughter is 10 and she was having issues at school with completing work and not focusing nor being on task. At home it was workable.

This is day 2 of her being on vyvance 30mg. I got freaked out by her dilated eyes when I got home from work. She didn't go to bed until like 11pm last night.

I am watching her like a hawk and totally over analyzing everything she is doing. I started a log last night that way I can show the doctor exactly what is going on.
November 10th, 2010, 01:14 PM
Linzie's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to Linzie Send a message via Skype™ to Linzie
I agree with the above. Don't feel like a bad mom! Some medicines work differently and you just need to figure out which one is right for here. A proper ADHD medicine will do nothing to their personality, but give them ability to keep calmer. On the right med, your daughter will still be happy, bubbly, however she it, just a more contained her!

Pierce is on Vyvanse and that is how it works for him. He's on a 40mg for in the morning. He is still the same him, just less aggressive and is able to listen and follow instructions.

It also may be just because it's the first day she's on it. Their little bodies need a little bit of time to adjust to being on the medicine. Please don't feel bad. Everything will be ok. If she doesn't get better and it doesn't change, you may need to look at a different medicine.

November 11th, 2010, 06:47 AM
LaceyAnnLance Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to LaceyAnnLance Mommy Send a message via Yahoo to LaceyAnnLance Mommy
Well yesterday when I got home from work she seemed more like herself.. Did have problems getting her to Jujitsu but all in all she was good. I gave it to her this morning before I left for work and I know the teachers and faculty at the school will keep a eye on her for me... (Awesome School) I'm looking forward to being able to be home with her Saturday and be able to watch her that morning to see how it affects her at the start of her day... She is on 20 mg.. They say we can open the capsule and pour out half so she will only take 10 mg if the 20mg is to strong for now. You know after seeing her yesterday morning I started to think about the parents are over drug their kids... My heart broke for those kids... I would never want my baby to be extremely drug everyday... Just the little drugged Lacey was freaked me out... Couldn't imagine it worse.

Thanks to Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my beautiful siggy!!
November 24th, 2010, 01:28 PM
lovemyboysandabbey2's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to lovemyboysandabbey2 Send a message via Yahoo to lovemyboysandabbey2
(((Hugs))))

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search