Weight Loss

Forum: Children With ADHD

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children With ADHD LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 15th, 2010, 03:50 PM
Veteran
Well we went back to the Dr for our first check up after Cari started on Metadate. Unfortunately, she has lost about half a lb in the 3 weeks or so. That doesnt sound like a lot, but she only weighed 45 lbs to begin with (she is almost 8 yrs old). We decided to continue her on her medicine for another month, but to conitnue with the every other week weigh ins. If she drops any more, we will have to try another medication. I am hoping it was just a fluke or an adjustment period and not indicative of anything long term.
November 16th, 2010, 12:16 PM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
Try to give her Boost or Pediasure drinks. They'll add extra calories to her diet. We had to do that with DS1 because he wasn't gaining any weight.
November 18th, 2010, 12:53 PM
BusyMom4's Avatar Veteran
my kids struggle with weight loss too. lex takes vyvanse, and parker is on concerta. we go in for their every 3 month check up today at 3;30 so i will have to update with their weights when we get back, but last time parker had lost 4 pounds and lex had lost 2 pounds. parker is very thin, he is like 5 centile for weight and lex is around the 15 centile. i will update tomorrow, but you are not alone, we deal with the same issue and my kids have been on these meds for years. some check ups are better than others, but the doc has never been overly worried. i think last tome was one of the biggest losses they had ever had though, and she wasnt too happy about it so im nervous about todays appointment.

Big thanks to KimberlyD0 for my amazing siggy
November 19th, 2010, 07:12 AM
BusyMom4's Avatar Veteran
ok, we did their check ups and they had both gained 2 pounds so that was great.

lex is 11 years 6 months old, she was 69.2 pounds and 53.5 inches which was the 10th centile for weight and 5th centile for height.

parker is 9 years 2 month, he was 48.6 pounds and 52 inches which was less than the 3rd centile for weight and 34th centile for height.

Big thanks to KimberlyD0 for my amazing siggy
November 24th, 2010, 12:26 PM
lovemyboysandabbey2's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to lovemyboysandabbey2 Send a message via Yahoo to lovemyboysandabbey2
My kids both struggled with weight loss as well mostly Austin he ended up losing like 10lbs in just a few months so we ended up having to switch his meds.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search