New Here Need some advice.

Forum: Children With ADHD

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children With ADHD LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 14th, 2011, 11:50 AM
Diamond2009's Avatar Boss Mama
Hey, My name is Kim. I'm from Toronto, Canada. My 12 year old son's pedatrician use to tell me when he was 8 that he had add or adhd but i never did anything about it. I guess i was hoping he would outgrow it. I still dont consider him to hyper but he is always fidgeting, gets easily annoyed, very anti social, doesnt have many friends and not doing well in school. Over the years i've seen his report cards and the teacher writes...very smart ....could do much better if he tried harder. easily distracted etc. So since he will be going into grade 8 next year and then highschool the year after that i decided to try medication. He was recently put on Vyvanse. I feel so bad about it though, the first day he took it he was so quiet and looked relaxed like almost high is that normal. I dont know what to expect or what is normal. He also doesnt want to eat much. What should i do? am i making the right choice? i'm so confused
Forever in our hearts
Lauren born sleeping July 5th 2012 at 18 weeks
Boo Boo's heart stopped beating at 13 weeks D&C Feb 2013
Miscarriage at 8 weeks 1 day November 27 2014

March 15th, 2011, 04:07 PM
Super Mommy
It shouldn't make him high--it is not something I've encountered or read about. It can make him calm, though. The not eating is a very normal complaint. If you are concerned, talk to your dr. There are lots of medications, and then the dosage can also make a huge difference.
March 16th, 2011, 09:52 PM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
Ditto to Star Light. He shouldn't be stoned. Robbie is VERY calm when he's on his meds. The not hungry thing is a very normal thing, we give Robbie pediasure.
March 18th, 2011, 01:02 PM
lovemyboysandabbey2's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to lovemyboysandabbey2 Send a message via Yahoo to lovemyboysandabbey2
^ ditto to the other ladies, sounds like either not the right meds or too much of the meds, I would ask to try a different medication.
(((hugs))) Hang in there hun, I know how frustrating it can be.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search