Formal Introduction!

Forum: Children With ADHD

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children With ADHD LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 30th, 2011, 11:15 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi Everyone!

My name is Missy and I am 42 years old. My husband is 10 years younger than me. I met him at a job I worked at about 5 years ago. We were friends for a few years and lived in different states. We showed no real interest other than friendship for a long time. Then one day it just happened... He never wanted marriage and I was a single mom for 15 years and was pretty happy just dating.

We fell in love got married a year ago and are expecting our long awaited child in 7 weeks.

I have 3 boys ages 20, 19 and 16 from a previous marriage. The oldest and youngest (and myself) have ADHD. I was a part of this board years ago but it never got active enough to keep my interest. Yup, sound like your children? That's me!

I look forward to getting to know all of you and have a good support system as ADHD is not just in childhood it is forever.

Your turn! Tell me about you and your family!

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

September 30th, 2011, 02:34 PM
AlexKatieAiden Mommy's Avatar Linda
Welcome Back Missy! We used to call my sister Melissa that when we were younger but now she prefers Melissa.
I am Linda, single mommy of 3, my oldest is 6 and has autism and ADHD, my five year old soon to be adopted daughter has pFAS which includes ADHD, and my youngest is my soon to be adopted son, who I swear has ADHD too and will most likely be diagnosed with pFAS as well. I am 27 and also have ADHD. I too don't usually keep interested enough in boards that aren't active but am trying on this board.

check out my My Etsy Shop See My Blinkie Gallery & My Siggie Gallery & My BLOG
September 30th, 2011, 06:26 PM
lovemyboysandabbey2's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to lovemyboysandabbey2 Send a message via Yahoo to lovemyboysandabbey2
welcome back!!

I am Angie and the mommy of tyler-13, Austin-9, Dillie-5, and Abbey-3. Tyler has ADHD, anxiety and bi-polar, Austin is ADD with some ODD

October 1st, 2011, 02:29 AM
I can totally relate to being a single mommy. I left my ex when my youngest was just a few months old and was a single mom for 15 years. It had its own set of struggles but we made it through and I am very close with my boys.

That is awesome that you are adopting a child. Is this a relative or no?

Hi Angie! Was it incredible having a girl after 3 boys? I am having a girl and in a way intimidated but having fun shopping for her!

CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett

October 1st, 2011, 07:54 AM
Yeah they are my niece and nephew. Their adoptions should go through in the next two months after waiting for what seemed like forever.

October 2nd, 2011, 06:16 PM
I think that is awesome! We have talked about adoption many times.

October 2nd, 2011, 06:54 PM
I am also a licensed foster mom so there may be another child or two joining our family in the far future but not sure yet. Gonna see how the next couple of years are first and then decide if I want to still do foster care.
Adoption through foster care is also the most low cost option out there as far as adopting goes but also the most heartbreaking if the kids are returned to their bio parents who you know are horrible.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search